Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 28, 2009

Hi,

I don't know whether it has been proposed before or not: If yes then sorry for bringing this up again.

While I was checking the features in the Private Forum section, I have seen an option which shows online status of the user in the site.

Why not to generalize this feature in all site by providing an additional menu in the profiles such as "show my online status" ?

I think this feature much more useful than showing the "Member Since" date.
... See more
Hi,

I don't know whether it has been proposed before or not: If yes then sorry for bringing this up again.

While I was checking the features in the Private Forum section, I have seen an option which shows online status of the user in the site.

Why not to generalize this feature in all site by providing an additional menu in the profiles such as "show my online status" ?

I think this feature much more useful than showing the "Member Since" date.

Or is there a risk which I don't know?

Thanks in advance

M. Ali
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com online status Sep 28, 2009

Hello M. Ali,

I am afraid there is no such feature in the forums, neither public nor private. However, any user's online status is shown in his/her profile by means of a red "[P]" (offline) or a green "[P]" (online) at the top of the profile page.

Also, indication of whether a member has been online today is shown in each member's directory listing.

So, to see if a user or member is online or not, you can just check his/her profile page.

Hope
... See more
Hello M. Ali,

I am afraid there is no such feature in the forums, neither public nor private. However, any user's online status is shown in his/her profile by means of a red "[P]" (offline) or a green "[P]" (online) at the top of the profile page.

Also, indication of whether a member has been online today is shown in each member's directory listing.

So, to see if a user or member is online or not, you can just check his/her profile page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Ali Bayraktar
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 28, 2009

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello M. Ali,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucia

Thank you Lucia for your answer.
Now I see how it works.

But in the directory I have seen a wording which says "Not only today, or online status hidden" so is it possible to hide the online status right?

Ali Bayraktar
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In Teams Sep 28, 2009

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

I am afraid there is no such feature in the forums, neither public nor private.

Not in the forums but in the Teams section there is a notification under the user's name which says "Online at ProZ.com"

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
You can control information on your ProZ.com online status Oct 1, 2009

Hi M. Ali,

Sorry for the delay in my reply and thanks for clarifying the area in which you see this feature. As explained in my previous reply, to see if a user or member is online or not, you can just check his/her profile page as this feature is also available in profiles.

The "Online at ProZ.com" feature you see in My teams for each team member may be implemented in other areas of the site in the future though.... See more
Hi M. Ali,

Sorry for the delay in my reply and thanks for clarifying the area in which you see this feature. As explained in my previous reply, to see if a user or member is online or not, you can just check his/her profile page as this feature is also available in profiles.

The "Online at ProZ.com" feature you see in My teams for each team member may be implemented in other areas of the site in the future though.

Finally, you can hide online status information in your profile and in other site areas in which this information is shown here. However, remember that showing your online status can be a useful way of letting people you work with know you are available via profile mail or ProZ.com Instant Messaging.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Show my online status" feature

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »