Thread poster: clairetransl (X)
clairetransl (X)
clairetransl (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:24
French to English
+ ...
Jan 5, 2016

Is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it, although I do recall being promised that a full refund would be possible if you were not satisfied.

Nayeun Jo
Lama Harake

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:24
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Site members can request a prorated refund at any time Jan 5, 2016

Dear Claire,

As stated on http://www.proz.com/faq/3985#3985 , site members can request a prorated refund at any time if they are not satisfied with their membership. In order to request a refund, you can contact site staff through the support system: http://www.proz.com/support

Before you co
... See more
Dear Claire,

As stated on http://www.proz.com/faq/3985#3985 , site members can request a prorated refund at any time if they are not satisfied with their membership. In order to request a refund, you can contact site staff through the support system: http://www.proz.com/support

Before you consider requesting a refund, I would like to invite you to take part in one of the free webinars given on how to meet clients on ProZ.com: http://www.proz.com/pages/meeting_clients_webinar . Site membership can be an effective tool to meet new clients but, like with any tool, learning how to use it is necessary to get the most out of it. In that webinar you will learn about the ProZ.com winning strategies and analyze what makes a profile attractive to potential clients.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Does it apply each and every year? Jan 5, 2016

Logically, I would expect it to apply only to the first year of membership. If you purchase a second year then you're doing so in full knowledge of the benefits gained so far. If there haven't been any, you can choose not to renew.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
You can get a prorated refund at any time. But if you are not being served by ProZ.com membership... Jan 5, 2016

Hi Sheila!

Good question. You can get a prorated refund at any time. But if you are not being served by ProZ.com membership, staff would like to hear about it.

If you are not seeing a return on your investment (and there are monetary returns and not-so-monetary returns, depending on what you are looking for), I would say a good course of action would be to contact site staff first, since the solution could be a very simple one. There have been times, but I can't rememb
... See more
Hi Sheila!

Good question. You can get a prorated refund at any time. But if you are not being served by ProZ.com membership, staff would like to hear about it.

If you are not seeing a return on your investment (and there are monetary returns and not-so-monetary returns, depending on what you are looking for), I would say a good course of action would be to contact site staff first, since the solution could be a very simple one. There have been times, but I can't remember the last one I fielded, where the root reason behind membership "not working" was not related to the person's profile. Staff can generally help with this, though sometimes it requires understanding how the translator wishes to present him/herself to the world first.

Among members who have had membership for more than one year, the most common reason for not renewing tends to be that they are fully booked at the moment and are not currently looking for clients. Unfortunately, I see this come back to haunt many, when for whatever reason they suddenly find themselves not fully booked and looking for new clients. They have to rush out and start up their marketing to potential clients all over again, when they might be better served by something that is ongoing and, ideally, in the background (ProZ.com membership + a strong profile). This group is followed by those who boosted their visibility to the world of translation through membership, but who have a profile which does not fully communicate what they have to offer to potential clients and collaborators.

Jared
Collapse

clairetransl (X)
clairetransl (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback Jan 5, 2016

Jared, is submitting a support request the best way to give feedback regarding this issue?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Hi Claire Jan 5, 2016

Hi Claire,

Either by support request (I have just responded to yours), or you can contact me directly at [email protected] . Thanks!

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cancelling membership and getting a full refund

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »