Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Mark Benson (X)
Mark Benson (X)  Identity Verified

English to Swedish
+ ...
Just a number. Jan 3, 2014

Lisa Simpson, MCIL wrote:

Mark Benson wrote:

It's unfortunate if you think that ProZ doesn't vet BB entries, and that the allegations aren't verified. I do think you know this isn't true. Staff does vet the BB entries and verifies anything that has to be verified. You can even open a payment issue here.

What do you mean by "verify"? What does Proz do between the moment the feedback is submitted and when it appears on the BB that is over and above what, let's say Tripadvisor, does?

Hi, sorry I know just as much about that as you do! It's staff that does this. I was just thinking about that, actually. It's not exactly last night's dinner that's reviewed.

My opinion is that the problem on ProZ.com is the agencies that are based as money making schemes and go on for years. Lots of payment probably never even get reported and there are agencies that routinely get away with non-payment as we type away here.

This is a real tragedy, and the way I see it all the rest is quite trivial. Like I already said, or seconded, in the thread; this rating should not be considered as a number, but still that's all it is...

[Edited at 2014-01-03 11:48 GMT]

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:11
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ undertaking a review of BB comment vetting Jan 4, 2014

I was delighted to receive a note saying that further to the issues I raised, ProZ are now looking at how to screen comments such as the one referred to in this case, to ensure that such mistruths are not allowed to be published in future. Impressed that someone is listening.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Removed as requested by poster
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to expect from ProZ in event of Blueboard libel

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »