Thread poster: Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
May 25, 2013

Hello,

I just checked to see how much would it cost to renew my membership this time of year, and noticed the following:

"Is a browniz discount available?
No browniz discount is currently available when buying via local payment contacts."

Why isn't there any discount offered for active ProZ members who have earned sufficient Browniz?

Moreover, why is it that for local payment we are asked to wire the membership fe
... See more
Hello,

I just checked to see how much would it cost to renew my membership this time of year, and noticed the following:

"Is a browniz discount available?
No browniz discount is currently available when buying via local payment contacts."

Why isn't there any discount offered for active ProZ members who have earned sufficient Browniz?

Moreover, why is it that for local payment we are asked to wire the membership fee into the bank account of a natural person, of an individual apparently unrelated to ProZ, instead of ProZ's account, and what do they do with that money?

Regards,
Daniel
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
You have your choice May 25, 2013

I just renewed my subscription. I compared the local payment price (in Brazil) and the brownies discount, and the latter was better. If I didn't have any brownies, or if it were too costly for me to send money to Proz, I could have chosen otherwise.

It's normal business practice to offer options. Most businesses, when they offer discounts, state clearly that no special promotion is cumulative with any other

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browniz discount for local payment of membership

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »