Thread poster: Amenel Voglozin
Amenel Voglozin
Amenel Voglozin
France
Local time: 18:48
English to French
Feb 12, 2012

Hi all,

I don't know whether this topic belongs here but the forum section to discuss the website is apparently for members.

I intended to get a membership subscription minutes ago when I realized that the tag price of a subscription was augmented with a 19.6% VAT, which put the price above my psychological price.

I am a regular e-buyer and I have never experienced VAT being added to services bought online outside of Europe. Not even on goods like books fro
... See more
Hi all,

I don't know whether this topic belongs here but the forum section to discuss the website is apparently for members.

I intended to get a membership subscription minutes ago when I realized that the tag price of a subscription was augmented with a 19.6% VAT, which put the price above my psychological price.

I am a regular e-buyer and I have never experienced VAT being added to services bought online outside of Europe. Not even on goods like books from Amazon USA or guitar gear I've bought.

Is proz.com a European company? Does Proz.com have a community VAT number and does it remit the tax? Otherwise, I don't see the point of collecting a tax that isn't remitted somewhere in the community.

Francophone Africa also applies VAT. Does Proz also apply their VAT rates depending on country of residence?

The same thing happens when adding money to the wallet. Why is a tax applied to adding money to a wallet? Paypal does not do such a thing. And it's not like I'm buying money from Proz, I'm adding money to MY wallet. I don't see what added value there is there that is being submitted to taxation?

Thanks.
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:48
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
ProZ.com is obliged by law to collect VAT Feb 13, 2012

Hello waav,

You can find an answer to your question in the FAQ: http://www.proz.com/faq/4015#4015

Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VAT subscription prices for European members

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »