Thread poster: William Pairman
William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:46
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Feb 27, 2006

I've also posted this on the Windows Office forum, repeating it here just in case...

Trying to update my website using Front Page for the 1st time (the first time I did it I used some freeware - Namu6), no problems tillit came to publishing

First i was surprised you have to type in a httm://my website url as opposed to a ftp:// one. S
... See more
I've also posted this on the Windows Office forum, repeating it here just in case...

Trying to update my website using Front Page for the 1st time (the first time I did it I used some freeware - Namu6), no problems tillit came to publishing

First i was surprised you have to type in a httm://my website url as opposed to a ftp:// one. Still. Then it tells me there s a problem as I dont have an extension. Over to ProZ's my hosting page, find I need to download an extension, do so. Now when I try to publish, all the right windows pop up, ending up with "Your website has been successfully published"

There's a link - "Click here to se you site on the web" or somesuch, so I click on it, expecting to see the fruits of my labour but instead its the dull old Namu6 page

Tried restarting, no good, repeated the publishing steps, no good. Cleared catches on both IE and Firefox, still nothing.

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Dreamweaver looks far too complex for me
Collapse

Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 02:46
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
What software do you use? Feb 28, 2006

Normally it does not depend wether you have created your pages with frontpage or any other programm, what you must have is the adress of your ftp site, which you should have received from your provider and the affordable login data and user name.

With this data you don t need any ftp.programm, but simply use Windows Network options which offers you the option of creating a ftp side, where you can downl
... See more
Normally it does not depend wether you have created your pages with frontpage or any other programm, what you must have is the adress of your ftp site, which you should have received from your provider and the affordable login data and user name.

With this data you don t need any ftp.programm, but simply use Windows Network options which offers you the option of creating a ftp side, where you can download all your data on to your homepage.

Well I hope you have Windows?
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:46
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try using an ftp program Feb 28, 2006

I never used anything else thän WT_FTP light. I never have used Frontpage myself, so I'm sorry not to be of any help there. But there is an ftp-tool at your cntrol panel here at Proz.com hosting.

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:16
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I second Heinrich's suggestion Feb 28, 2006

There are a number of easy to use ftp client programmes available for free on the internet which you can use to upload your files. They give greater control over the uploading process than FrontPage.

Some of these are:
FTP Commander:
http://www.ftpcommander.com/

CuteFTP:... See more
There are a number of easy to use ftp client programmes available for free on the internet which you can use to upload your files. They give greater control over the uploading process than FrontPage.

Some of these are:
FTP Commander:
http://www.ftpcommander.com/

CuteFTP:
http://www.cuteftp.com/

AceFTP:
http://software.visicommedia.com/en/
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems publishing via Front Page

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »