Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 29, 2006

In the past few weeks I sometimes got warning messages by mail aboit my site, which is hosted at Proz.com. Now I checked, and my browser displays this message:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.schneeland.com Port 80

Have other
... See more
In the past few weeks I sometimes got warning messages by mail aboit my site, which is hosted at Proz.com. Now I checked, and my browser displays this message:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Have others encountered this too? What's the matter with the server. My site is not that popular after all.
And I do not move any files nor is there any email account for this domain.

Regards
Heinrich

[Edited at 2006-01-29 08:13]
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
Bandwidth Jan 29, 2006

Hi Heinrich,

If you use ftp a lot to upload and download large files, this could also cause depletion of bandwidth. And it is my understanding, the E-mail traffic is also counted toward your total bandwidth usage.

Regards,
Jianjun

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

Have others encountered this too? What's the matter with the server. My site is not that popular after all.

Regards
Heinrich

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
One gets what one pays for! Jan 29, 2006

This is what your prospective customers get on “http://www.schneeland.com/”:

“Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.schneeland.com Port 80”

Don’t use “free services” for your web site; use a serious commercial
... See more
This is what your prospective customers get on “http://www.schneeland.com/”:

“Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.schneeland.com Port 80”

Don’t use “free services” for your web site; use a serious commercial service provider, or set up your own server.
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:45
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Bandwidth Jan 29, 2006

Hi Heinrich,

I'm not sure what you're moving about, but I did find this in the hosting FAQ:

22. Are ther
... See more
Hi Heinrich,

I'm not sure what you're moving about, but I did find this in the hosting FAQ:

22. Are there any limitations regarding my monthly bandwidth usage?

There is a 1000 MB/month limit for the standard hosting package (that comes with the Platinum membership), and there is a 2000 MB/month limit for the advanced hosting package (can be purchased for an additional 5$/EUROS per month).

I have my website, blog and several e-mail accounts running on my site (hosted by ProZ). I have not had a bandwidth problem (yet) - not even close: I currently have used 137 MB so far this month.

You can see how much bandwidth you've used by looking at your General Account Information on the left-hand side of the main c-panel page, which you can access through "My Hosting" under "My ProZ.com."

Here are my stats for comparison (I used the "Analog Web/FTP Statistics" function, also accessible through the c-panel):

Figures in parentheses refer to the 7-day period ending Jan 29 2006 at 4:26 AM.

Successful requests: 357,668 (2,115)
Average successful requests per day: 1,194 (302)
Successful requests for pages: 54,650 (1,178)
Average successful requests for pages per day: 182 (168)
Failed requests: 10,480 (69)
Redirected requests: 8,830 (29)
Distinct files requested: 259 (18)
Distinct hosts served: 1,872 (141)
Data transferred: 866.68 megabytes (5.42 megabytes)
Average data transferred per day: 2.89 megabytes (792.81 kilobytes)

If you are sure you haven't been transferring mass data (large e-mail attachments?), you may want to submit a support ticket.

[Edited at 2006-01-29 11:19]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But I cannot even get the control panel Jan 29, 2006

I submitted a support request. Let's see what was wrong.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bandwidth exceeded - is this common?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »