Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:07
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Aug 3, 2005

I'm just curious whether it is possible to receive sms-notifications on mobile phone about new e-mails that are coming to inbox of the web-mail hosted on Proz? If yes, then, how to adjust the web-mail?

Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 14:07
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Croatian case Aug 3, 2005

I use that feature because my mobile network is also the Internet service provider. Check with your mobile providers.
Yahoo also has that service.
If you want to keep the old address, try to forward (copies of?)all mails to e.g. Yahoo. Just go to the settings.

Myron Netchypor
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ana! Aug 4, 2005

It is good idea forwarding mails to yahoo account (I have got one). Though I thought that Proz while providing hosting, provides also this service.

Clara Rivera
Clara Rivera  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Get email notifications via mobile phone providers Aug 19, 2005

Hi!

Sometimes mobile phone providers offer this service too. If you have a contract (not a prepaid card) you can link several email addresses to your telephone number and get notifications any time you receive a new message in any of the accounts (not necessarily yahoo accounts). I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Clara

Myron Netchypor
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Clara! Sep 10, 2005

It is a good idea, and I am going to check with my mobile provider. I start also thinking about obtaining a PDA for connection to Internet anywhere with the help of mobile phone and GPRS.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sms notifications about new e-mails coming to inbox

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »