Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 22:52
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Feb 28, 2018

Hi,

My website was registered through Proz many years back. A few days ago, I connected my domain to my new Wix website. Everything is working fine - my domain name shows my new website and I am receiving emails without any problem. However, I am unable to access my Cpanel. My work emails are directed to my Gmail account and I handle all my emails in Gmail. I have to go into Cpanel to clear my mailbox every couple of days, though. Now, I have no access to Cpanel. I don't know if it
... See more
Hi,

My website was registered through Proz many years back. A few days ago, I connected my domain to my new Wix website. Everything is working fine - my domain name shows my new website and I am receiving emails without any problem. However, I am unable to access my Cpanel. My work emails are directed to my Gmail account and I handle all my emails in Gmail. I have to go into Cpanel to clear my mailbox every couple of days, though. Now, I have no access to Cpanel. I don't know if it is because of Wix or it's simply down. Anyone of you having the same problem? I submitted a support request four days ago, and no one from Proz is helping me. I need to get this solved asap because if this mailbox gets full, I will not be able to receive emails.

This is the error message I get when I try to access my Cpanel:

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 3.17.08 PM

[Edited at 2018-02-28 15:56 GMT]
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:52
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
IMAP? Feb 28, 2018

If you connect to your email server through IMAP, using an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, "clearing" your emails in the email client will be an exact reflection of what's happening on the server, so there should not be any need to access your emails via cPanel.

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Doing it via Gmail Feb 28, 2018

John Fossey wrote:

If you connect to your email server through IMAP, using an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, "clearing" your emails in the email client will be an exact reflection of what's happening on the server, so there should not be any need to access your emails via cPanel.

Thanks, John! I am handling all my emails in Gmail. I should really look into setting up an email client. But for now, I am thinking of switching everything to Wix. Proz is just not providing enough hosting support. Sadly, this seems to be a service it is not quite committed to.

All this IT stuff is killing my brain cells.

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:52
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Have you tried this link? Mar 1, 2018

Have you tried this link?

https://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

Click on [Control panel] [Web site] [Webmail] or [Manage My Domains].

Cheers,
Gerard

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Mar 1, 2018

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Have you tried this link?

https://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

Click on [Control panel] [Web site] [Webmail] or [Manage My Domains].

Cheers,
Gerard

Thanks, Gerard. I did, but it didn't work. Someone from Proz replied to my support request yesterday. Everything's fine now. I have to access my Cpanel using a non-secure method, but it's better than having no access. I just transferred my domain to another service provider. Hope everything goes smoothly from here on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot access my Cpanel

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »