Thread poster: Parrot
Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2015

After being told repeatedly that my hosted mailbox was full to capacity, I upgraded. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have had any effect. I cleared the spam box yesterday and today it's sending me warnings again.

Is this normal for under a 24-hour period?

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Trash? Aug 13, 2015

Have you emptied your Trash folder? Deleting emails only moves them to the Trash folder, it doesn't remove them, so they still take up space.

Parrot
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pardon? Aug 13, 2015

John Fossey wrote:

Have you emptied your Trash folder? Deleting emails only moves them to the Trash folder, it doesn't remove them, so they still take up space.

I can't see any trash folder in cPanel...

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
Did you click on a link in a message Aug 15, 2015

saying that your mailbox is full? Congratulations, you too might have been hacked.

I use a Yahoo email address and I get those messages frequently. However I know that my mailbox capacity at Yahoo is probably more than I can fill in a couple of lifetimes.

A dead giveaway that these messages are not to be trusted: my warnings about my Yahoo mail are sent from an AOL account!

Parrot
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not an email message Aug 15, 2015

It's an Outlook "fatal error" warning. I'm talking about email in connection with the website hosted on Proz.com and managed over cPanel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam gluts

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »