https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/278095-problem_with_proz_receiving_mailserver.html

problem with Proz' receiving mailserver
Thread poster: Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 23:59
English to French
+ ...
Nov 22, 2014

Hi,
Is anyone knows if there is a problem with the receiving mailserver? I can consult my emails if I access to cpanel, but I can receive it on my iphone or my Outlook, it says that there is a connexion problem with the mailserver. Is it still melo.proz.com or something changed? I have this problem since yesterday night.

Thank you!
Véronique

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:59
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
Me too, with Thunderbird Nov 22, 2014

Hello Véronique,

yes, I am having the same problem since yesterday, in my case with Thunderbird. The cPanel webmail access works normally.

I have contacted support about it, for now they only said to re-check my settings and confirm that I am using secure mail connections and the right port number. (I did check, and everything looks fine; also, I am sure I never changed any settings, and it stopped working suddenly, it was working normally until Friday.) I am waiting
... See more
Hello Véronique,

yes, I am having the same problem since yesterday, in my case with Thunderbird. The cPanel webmail access works normally.

I have contacted support about it, for now they only said to re-check my settings and confirm that I am using secure mail connections and the right port number. (I did check, and everything looks fine; also, I am sure I never changed any settings, and it stopped working suddenly, it was working normally until Friday.) I am waiting for further instructions from them.

Seeing that I am not the only one, I do believe the problem is server-side; but Support is not available on the weekend, so I imagine we'll have to wait until Monday for an answer. In the meanwhile I'll add a link to this thread in my support ticket.

I hope this gets solved soon.
Collapse

Nuno Miranda
Nuno Miranda  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:59
English to Portuguese
Fix Nov 22, 2014

Quick post -- am alone at home with baby daughter
Same happened to me, managed to get email working with Outlook 2007 using the "non-recommended" (non-authentication) options described in cPanel.
Good luck!
Cheers,
Nuno

Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 23:59
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Nov 24, 2014

Thank you Nuno! I tried what you said and it now works.
Best!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with Proz' receiving mailserver

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »