Help with domain connecting - I can't access control panel/webmail (Staff: addressed via request)
Thread poster: Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
Oct 13, 2014

Hello-

I have submitted support tickets for this but I find Proz support response painfully slow. I was hoping someone here may be able to help me.

I have had a Proz hosting account and domain (jenniferbakertranslations.com) for many years. I recently created a new website on Wix.com, and connected my domain to Wix. So when someone now types my website name into their browser, they land on my Wix created site instead of my old Proz created site. Please note that I conne
... See more
Hello-

I have submitted support tickets for this but I find Proz support response painfully slow. I was hoping someone here may be able to help me.

I have had a Proz hosting account and domain (jenniferbakertranslations.com) for many years. I recently created a new website on Wix.com, and connected my domain to Wix. So when someone now types my website name into their browser, they land on my Wix created site instead of my old Proz created site. Please note that I connected my domain- I did not leave Proz hosting and transfer my domain...
All good up to here, then this morning a client let me know that their mail was bouncing back. So- I tried to log into my Proz control panel and webmail to see what was going on, and all the links ("my hosting", "control panel", "webmail", etc.) always land on my Wix site. I cannot get into my control panel, see my web mail, or have any control over my mail.
Does anyone know what I could do about this? It is very important and Proz support hasn't even assigned my ticket yet (even after several hours...). Is the problem with my name servers, which now point to wix?? I am admittedly a total amateur with all of this- but I am in a bind and would very much appreciate help here! I am considering leaving Proz hosting- their support response time is far too slow...

Thanks to anyone with advice!

Jennifer

[Edited at 2014-10-13 20:31 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with domain connecting - I can't access control panel/webmail (Staff: addressed via request)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »