Giovanna Lester
Giovanna Lester  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:25
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2014

Hi,

I designed my first site straight on Notepad using raw HTML. Now I want to redo it using WordPress. No problem up to here.

The questions is how do I upload my site to the PROZ server? I have been researching , but apparently I hit all the wrong spots...

Any guidance would be very, very welcome.

Thank you.

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:25
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Wordpress and Proz Mar 12, 2014

Hi Lester,
I don't think that Proz will allow you to install Wordpress on their servers. Wordpress pages are not simple html pages, they are php pages (server side scripting pages) which serve content stored in a database (MySql).

Roberto Bertuol

Sean McDonald
Sean McDonald  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
We do allow wordpress Mar 12, 2014

We do allow wordpress, but do not officially support it (we will do our best but we can't always help you with any errors you may receive while using wordpress)

This page gives a fairly good overview of how to install:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

As far as connecting, you can either use the file manager built into cPanel, or use
... See more
We do allow wordpress, but do not officially support it (we will do our best but we can't always help you with any errors you may receive while using wordpress)

This page gives a fairly good overview of how to install:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

As far as connecting, you can either use the file manager built into cPanel, or use a client like WinSCP to upload the files.

To connect to ftp for a client such as this use ftp.yoursite.com for the domain to connect to.

If you are having specific problems connecting I would urge you to open a support ticket so we can look at it in more detail together.
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:25
English to Polish
+ ...
... Mar 12, 2014

Just for the record, Sean, would it be possible to do (design) something like a customised Proz.com preinstall with an adapted theme? That just might be an attractive option to the member base, I'm having a hunch.

Sean McDonald
Sean McDonald  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
It is something that has been discussed Mar 13, 2014

Lukasz,

It is something that has been discussed, and is on the backlog of suggestions for improving the hosting service

Giovanna Lester
Giovanna Lester  Identity Verified
United States
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 13, 2014

Thanks everyone. I am not having any issues yet, I am trying to prevent them and prevent wasting time.

Thanks for the guidance, Sean. I will follow the link and get back to ProZ Support should I need anything else.

You guys have never failed me.

- Gio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

From Raw HTML to Wordpress

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »