Stefano Pagnoncelli
Stefano Pagnoncelli  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:34
French to Italian
+ ...
Mar 7, 2014

Hello everybody,

I don't know if there are technically gifted people who can help me... I will try to summarize the problem I encountered here:

I would like to create my own website. I bought the domain name stefanopagnoncelli.com from an independent registrar and subscribed to Proz web hosting account.

I would like now to install Wordpress through FileZilla FTP client. I created a database name, a database user and a database password in the cPanel "mySQ
... See more
Hello everybody,

I don't know if there are technically gifted people who can help me... I will try to summarize the problem I encountered here:

I would like to create my own website. I bought the domain name stefanopagnoncelli.com from an independent registrar and subscribed to Proz web hosting account.

I would like now to install Wordpress through FileZilla FTP client. I created a database name, a database user and a database password in the cPanel "mySQL accounts" to insert in Wordpress "config" file. Now, I should import Wordpress files into my webspace through FileZilla but in which directory? I tried to upload them inside "public_html", "public_ftp" or "www" folders but when I go to stefanopagnoncelli.com I see no Wordpress message. Where do I go wrong?

Also, I think I deleted some important original files inside my FTP because when I type my domain name I get the following message: "Index of /
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.stefanopagnoncelli.com Port 80"

Is there a solution to reinitialize my account?

Thank you very much for your help!

Stefano
Collapse

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:34
Russian to English
+ ...
- Mar 7, 2014

Hi Stefano,

Did you read this guide? http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

You are right to upload them to public_html although I wouldn't recommend Filezilla due to reported security issues with it. You can use any FTP client to upload the files.

Did you run the install script? You don't jus
... See more
Hi Stefano,

Did you read this guide? http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

You are right to upload them to public_html although I wouldn't recommend Filezilla due to reported security issues with it. You can use any FTP client to upload the files.

Did you run the install script? You don't just enter your website. You should enter: http://example.com/wp-admin/install.php (example.com is replaced by your own domain name).

You can try a fresh restart by deleting all the files from your public_html folder and emptying your databases. This is done in C-panel.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

Stefano Pagnoncelli
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Sarah Mar 7, 2014

Thank you Sarah,

I've just sent you a similar private message, but you've been quicker I will try what you suggest and will tell you if it works.

Stefano

Sarah McDowell
Canada
Russian to English
+ ...
never received PM Mar 7, 2014

Hi Stefano,

You said you sent me a private message. I never received anything. Did you send it?

Sarah

Stefano Pagnoncelli
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes! Mar 7, 2014

Yes, I sent a message via the "send an e-mail" fonction in Proz.

And the Wordpress installation seems to work now, thank you very much for your help!

Stefano

Stefano Pagnoncelli
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
database permission Mar 7, 2014

I am sorry Sarah but now I probably have a permission problem... Wordpress tells me that Username and password are OK but it's not possible to select the database.

I am sure it exists as I've just created it in cPanel. Is that a problem of permissions? If it is, how can I get them?

Thank you very much,

Stefano

Sarah McDowell
Canada
Russian to English
+ ...
didn't get your message Mar 8, 2014

Hi Stefano,

Unfortunately, I never received your message. Could you try sending it again?

If you were able to successfully install WordPress I am not sure what kind of problem you are having with the database. Were you able to login to WordPress yet?

I never had this kind of problem with WordPress. You should contact the host and ask them about database permissions.

Regards,

Sarah

Stefano Pagnoncelli
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
e-mail sent Mar 8, 2014

Hello Sarah,

I've just sent you another e-mail through Proz. Let me know if you have received it.

I managed to solve the Wordpress problem, I just forgot to add the MySQL database after having created it in the cPanel...

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Stefano

Sarah McDowell
Canada
Russian to English
+ ...
. Mar 8, 2014

Hi Stefano,

Glad that you managed to solve the problem. I still never got any message from you. I'm worried about this because it may mean that I am missing out on other messages from potential clients too. Did you send it through the "e-mail translator" button on my profile?

Stefano Pagnoncelli
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes! Mar 8, 2014

Yes, I used the "send email" button, the first of the list, just above the skype one.

I hope you will manage to solve your problem!

Regards,

Stefano

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cPanel - Wordpress - FileZilla hosting problem

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »