Webmail overquota - assistance needed
Thread poster: C Greene
C Greene
C Greene  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
English to French
Aug 9, 2013

I hope someone can help me - for the past few days I have been receiving "disk full warnings" for my main email account.

I have checked everywhere (inbox, spam box, trash box etc) and just can't find any emails anywhere....
I have even checked via the 3 different applications (Horde, Cube, Squirrel) just in case

Plus, my CPanel shows a very small disk usage (18MB out of 1000).

Does anyb
... See more
I hope someone can help me - for the past few days I have been receiving "disk full warnings" for my main email account.

I have checked everywhere (inbox, spam box, trash box etc) and just can't find any emails anywhere....
I have even checked via the 3 different applications (Horde, Cube, Squirrel) just in case

Plus, my CPanel shows a very small disk usage (18MB out of 1000).

Does anybody have a suggestion? This is critical as it is my main email account and some emails are not coming through.

I have emailed a Support request on Wednesday, but so far no luck

Thank you
Chris
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
You may have already done this... Aug 9, 2013

... but the first place I would suggest that you look is under file and then disk space usage. That should highlight here the extra data is being stored. If it's in your email, you can click where it says "mail" and using the directory on the left, find your email and download/delete what ever you don't need.

The quota is kinda small through proz hosting, but it's free so there's not a lot to complain about. If you switch hosting providers, you can get a lot more space, but they'll
... See more
... but the first place I would suggest that you look is under file and then disk space usage. That should highlight here the extra data is being stored. If it's in your email, you can click where it says "mail" and using the directory on the left, find your email and download/delete what ever you don't need.

The quota is kinda small through proz hosting, but it's free so there's not a lot to complain about. If you switch hosting providers, you can get a lot more space, but they'll charge you monthly.

We currently work with Hostgator, which grants us unlimited space, but $9 a month.
Collapse

C Greene
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 9, 2013

Thank you Triston.

I have ventured into those files (!) following your advice, but very little space appears used.

The only file showing some usage was the temp one - so I removed some in there.
Let's wait and see.

Thank you very much
Chris

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:43
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Trash Aug 9, 2013

Check the size of your Trash folder. In cPanel it can sometimes get bloated and is not included in the total reported but is included in your total quota. Deleting Trash mail will free up space.

Awhile ago I transferred my domain to Bluehost, which doesn't have a size limit.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Issue seems to be resolved Aug 9, 2013

Hello Chris,

Firs of all, I apologize for the delay in a reply to your support request.

I just checked with the hosting administrator and he tells me that your disk quota is 50/100 MB and that the email quota is fine. Can you confirm that you were able to resolve the issue?

Also, he tells me that you have 9 MB of emails in your trash folder and 12 MB in your sent folder. So maybe you would like to take a pass at those and remove the ones you no longer need
... See more
Hello Chris,

Firs of all, I apologize for the delay in a reply to your support request.

I just checked with the hosting administrator and he tells me that your disk quota is 50/100 MB and that the email quota is fine. Can you confirm that you were able to resolve the issue?

Also, he tells me that you have 9 MB of emails in your trash folder and 12 MB in your sent folder. So maybe you would like to take a pass at those and remove the ones you no longer need to have more space.

Please let me know if you need any help with that as well.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

C Greene
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Lucia Aug 9, 2013

Thank you very much for looking into this for me, Lucia.

The only problem is - I still can't see where those 9MB and 12MB are located.

When I access my webmail (via squirrel) all the folders are empty.
Is there somewhere else I should be looking (sorry, iy probably is a very simple thing, but I just can't see it

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Similar problems experienced recently Jan 10, 2014

During the past few months I have had a few cases where I received near-quota and over quota messages, and my clients started calling me on the phone as their emails got bounced with "mailbox full" messages.
However, in each and every case, I checked, and I was not even close to quota.
The last case was today, when I got a call from a regular client saying he was unable to reach me via email for several hours, trying multiple times. He got the "mailbox full" error.
I did recei
... See more
During the past few months I have had a few cases where I received near-quota and over quota messages, and my clients started calling me on the phone as their emails got bounced with "mailbox full" messages.
However, in each and every case, I checked, and I was not even close to quota.
The last case was today, when I got a call from a regular client saying he was unable to reach me via email for several hours, trying multiple times. He got the "mailbox full" error.
I did receive a Disk Usage Warning critical message earlier today, but I did not understand it as it said I had used 92M out of my 100M quota, but it was not so according to cPanel.
A little bit later I did receive emails from other senders without a problem.

Is there a specific reason for these intermittent quota problems?
It seems weird, unpredictable and it is unpreventable if it is not clear why this is happening.
However, it is crucial for me, as it results in bounced emails.
Can somebody look into this?
Katalin
Collapse

Sean McDonald
Sean McDonald  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not seeing any reason for those emails Jan 13, 2014

Katalin,

I have been looking into this issue for you, and can find no reason you are receiving those emails. If you would please open a support request, so we can talk more openly about your account, we should be able to find the root of the problem.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Ticket submitted Jan 13, 2014

http://www.proz.com/ticket/396539

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Webmail overquota - assistance needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »