Anybody having problems with proz site access?
Thread poster: Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:52
English to German
+ ...
Apr 7, 2011

Since yesterday I get the message

"Your IP address has been temporarily blocked because a large number of requests have come from your IP address in the past few minutes.
Please try again in 2 hours.
If you need technical assistance, please contact our support team via email at [email protected] or call +54-221-4251266"<
... See more
Since yesterday I get the message

"Your IP address has been temporarily blocked because a large number of requests have come from your IP address in the past few minutes.
Please try again in 2 hours.
If you need technical assistance, please contact our support team via email at [email protected] or call +54-221-4251266"

when trying to access www.proz.com.

Meanwhile I sent a support ticket. I am just curious to know whether I am the only one.

Gudrun
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:52
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not exactly Apr 7, 2011

But yesterday when trying to answer a question I had twice the message "Something went wrong"...

Gudrun Wolfrath
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe Apr 7, 2011

you forgot to enter the confidence level, Teresa?

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 17:52
SITE STAFF
Automatic security meassure Apr 7, 2011

Dear Gudrun,

This is an automatic security measure, that temporarily blocks access to the site if a lot of activity is registered from a specific IP. Its objective is to block malicious attempts to overload site servers.

I see that you were able to enter ProZ.com. In any case I will ask our system administrators to look into this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

@ Teresa Borges,

Please note that yesterday ProZ.com ha
... See more
Dear Gudrun,

This is an automatic security measure, that temporarily blocks access to the site if a lot of activity is registered from a specific IP. Its objective is to block malicious attempts to overload site servers.

I see that you were able to enter ProZ.com. In any case I will ask our system administrators to look into this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

@ Teresa Borges,

Please note that yesterday ProZ.com has experienced temporary technical problems with visibility of some parts of the site. For the time being the problem has been solved.

Hope this explains.

Best regards,

Yana
Collapse

Gudrun Wolfrath
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Yana. Apr 7, 2011

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
I get that too... Apr 7, 2011

I got that, too, and find it somewhat annoying. I think I will add a support ticket when I get more data on my usage.

The problem is that my wife and me both use ProZ quite often. I have subscribed to most interesting forums in a RSS reader.

The RSS reader I use, RSS Owl, is quite fine, but the update frequency cannot be precisely set. So, if I update the threads manually (47 forums, so I suppose it's 47 hits within a minute) and then the automatic update follows shortl
... See more
I got that, too, and find it somewhat annoying. I think I will add a support ticket when I get more data on my usage.

The problem is that my wife and me both use ProZ quite often. I have subscribed to most interesting forums in a RSS reader.

The RSS reader I use, RSS Owl, is quite fine, but the update frequency cannot be precisely set. So, if I update the threads manually (47 forums, so I suppose it's 47 hits within a minute) and then the automatic update follows shortly after, I immediately get locked out with the message you mention.
Collapse

Gudrun Wolfrath
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Send a support ticket if Apr 7, 2011

the problem occurs frequently, Jabberwock. Otherwise it gets just too annoying.

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Gudrun Apr 7, 2011

That is not the case! I could not acess Proz and in both cases I had the same message: "something went wrong", even before answering (or trying to) any questions. All is fine today!

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks, Yana! Apr 7, 2011

All seems fine today! Best regards,

Teresa

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 12:52
SITE STAFF
Two separate issues, and what to do if you have a problem with the IP block Apr 7, 2011

Hi all,

As Yana mentions, there are actually two different issues here. One is that yesterday technical problems were experienced which caused some data to temporarily appear and "disappear". This sounds like the problem you describe, Teresa, and it should be back to normal now. If by chance you do run into further occurrences, please contact support with the details.

The IP block, as Yana explains, is a security measure. Some of the cases I have seen have been the resu
... See more
Hi all,

As Yana mentions, there are actually two different issues here. One is that yesterday technical problems were experienced which caused some data to temporarily appear and "disappear". This sounds like the problem you describe, Teresa, and it should be back to normal now. If by chance you do run into further occurrences, please contact support with the details.

The IP block, as Yana explains, is a security measure. Some of the cases I have seen have been the result of an RSS feeder with many site feeds (often KudoZ questions), where the update frequency for those feeds is set too high. So if I am watching feeds for, say 50 questions, and the update frequency I have for my RSS feeder is set to update those feeds every minute, this could lead to that kind of block. The problem is usually resolved by lowering the update frequency of your RSS feed reader. If you do continue to have this problem, you can either submit a support request with the details for staff to act on, or (if you are unable to access the site because of this kind of block) send the details to [email protected] .

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Gudrun Wolfrath
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jared. Apr 7, 2011

We'll stick to that.
Gudrun

allangua
allangua  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
IP block still happens Jan 29, 2017

See my posting in the topic
http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/196372-your_ip_address_has_been_temporarily_blocked.html

[Bearbeitet am 2017-01-29 13:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody having problems with proz site access?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »