Thread poster: ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:47
English to French
+ ...
Mar 9, 2010

I don't seem to be able to access any of my sites hosted through Proz.com. Doesn't anyone else have this problem? No e-mail access either.

Charles

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-03-09 10:14 GMT]

Lenguamundo
Lenguamundo  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
Same boat! Mar 9, 2010

I cannot access my site, control panel and neither my email.
Please help!!

Midori Wilson
Midori Wilson  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:47
English to Japanese
+ ...
I guess I'm not the only one... Mar 9, 2010

I realized my email doesn't work...so I just assumed my 2-year-old changed the setting, and came here to check out the proper email setting...

Marisa Schiavi (X)
Marisa Schiavi (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem here Mar 9, 2010

I'm having the same problem and I've submitted a support request to Proz. Hopefully they'll fix it soon! I'm glad it's not just my email!

Marisa

Andrei Shmatkov
Andrei Shmatkov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:47
English to Russian
+ ...
my site is also down Mar 9, 2010

It is not the first time for the last week - so I hope that the support staff will find the problem...

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:47
German to English
+ ...
Good to know I'm not alone Mar 9, 2010

I didn't think I had forgotten to pay domain fees or some such thing. Now I know the problem isn't on my side.

Coupled with intermittent problems with the mail server for the past few years (which remain unresolved), this may force me to look for a more stable hosting solution. I hope this gets sorted out very, very quickly!

Isabel Cal Díaz
Isabel Cal Díaz  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Another one here Mar 9, 2010

I hope someone´s looking into this already.

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me too Mar 9, 2010

I've submitted a support request, let's hope it's sorted out soon.

Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
One more Mar 9, 2010

The same problem. Please, I need to read my emails.

Best regards,
Natali

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Any mechanisms in place to deal with this outside office hours? Mar 9, 2010

I wonder, given that Proz.com support office hours do not start for another several hours, is there any mechanism in place to deal with an issue of this scale, affecting so many translators, as soon as it happens and is reported? Email is essential, and if the servers are down for a prolonged period of time it's not good for business. As I'd imagine there have been a lot of support requests submitted in a short period of time, is this detected so that the problem can be fixed sooner rather than ... See more
I wonder, given that Proz.com support office hours do not start for another several hours, is there any mechanism in place to deal with an issue of this scale, affecting so many translators, as soon as it happens and is reported? Email is essential, and if the servers are down for a prolonged period of time it's not good for business. As I'd imagine there have been a lot of support requests submitted in a short period of time, is this detected so that the problem can be fixed sooner rather than later?Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same problem here Mar 9, 2010

Neither email, nor website.
I completely agree with Rebecca: a mechanism that would allow to deal with such hosting problems quickly, outside ProZ.com's office hours, is absolutely necessary.
Attila

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Not functional either Mar 9, 2010

And hoping it won't last days
Philippe

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Disaster Mar 9, 2010

Attila Piróth wrote:

Neither email, nor website.
I completely agree with Rebecca: a mechanism that would allow to deal with such hosting problems quickly, outside ProZ.com's office hours, is absolutely necessary.
Attila

I couldn't agree more.

I will start looking for more stable hosting solutions right now, as I noticed this problem by mistake when I unintentionally clicked on my signature link and found out my website was not working.

As another person pointed out, I have been having problems with my emails too.

This is, in my humble opinion, a disaster for Proz.

P.S.: Proz is not down. Why don't they put us on the same server? Maybe that way they'd rush to help us.

[Editado a las 2010-03-09 09:11 GMT]

Monica Tuduce
Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Same here Mar 9, 2010

I have the same problem myself.
The question about when will it be solved apart, I am wondering if we will be able to get the emails that we received during this breakdown - I am afraid the answer is NO.
In my opinion, this is the big problem, not even knowing what we lost and why on earth one client of ours isn't nice with us anymore.
I have activated a forwarder (mainly as a back-up and storage solution), but
... See more
I have the same problem myself.
The question about when will it be solved apart, I am wondering if we will be able to get the emails that we received during this breakdown - I am afraid the answer is NO.
In my opinion, this is the big problem, not even knowing what we lost and why on earth one client of ours isn't nice with us anymore.
I have activated a forwarder (mainly as a back-up and storage solution), but it only works when the hosting is functional, therefore it has forwarded only those emails received before this issue appeared.

Let's hope there is a Proz staff member who is already working on it in some part of the world.
Monica
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
It seems that it takes a long time before anyone from staff replies Mar 9, 2010

and they have a branch in Charkov so there should be someone working already

We'll see what is the reason - anyway it's good that not entire Proz.com is down.

S

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting Down (staff: 'Fixed.')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »