Fabien Champême
Fabien Champême  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:41
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Webmail? Mar 9, 2010

I have the same problem here. Is there any possibility to read the emails via the webmail? I hope inbound emails won't be lost - 'just' delayed...

[Modifié le 2010-03-09 09:37 GMT]

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Answer? Mar 9, 2010

Fabien Champême wrote:

I have the same problem here. Is there any possibility to read the emails via the webmail? I hope inbound emails won't be lost - 'just' delayed...

[Modifié le 2010-03-09 09:37 GMT]

Webmail and Cpanel are dead.

We DEMAND an answer, at least "We are working on it".

ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't get your hopes too high Mar 9, 2010

Every time something like this happens, Proz takes a long time to respond because they're basically based in the US, as well as their provider (wasn't it Tucows or something like that?). Their branch in Europe doesn't seem to be able to help anyway...

I submitted a ticket almost 6 hours ago and it hasn't even been assigned to a staff member yet. That means, until New York wakes up, nothing will be done.

Time to move on to another provider I guess.

Charles... See more
Every time something like this happens, Proz takes a long time to respond because they're basically based in the US, as well as their provider (wasn't it Tucows or something like that?). Their branch in Europe doesn't seem to be able to help anyway...

I submitted a ticket almost 6 hours ago and it hasn't even been assigned to a staff member yet. That means, until New York wakes up, nothing will be done.

Time to move on to another provider I guess.

Charles

[Edited at 2010-03-09 09:43 GMT]
Collapse

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 04:41
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

E-mail doesn't work Mar 9, 2010

Web-mail does not work here either. I am curious if the incoming e-mails will be saved in the inbox?

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Shall we wait till NY is up? Mar 9, 2010

Myron Netchypor wrote:

Web-mail does not work here either. I am curious if the incoming e-mails will be saved in the inbox?

I guess they will.

The question here is what will Proz do in the future? I want this problem to be solved, but I want to know what are their contingency plans for the future, as things like these shouldn't repeat.

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:41
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Emails during downtime Mar 9, 2010

When there have been server problems in the past, the emails have gradually trickled in after the problem is resolved. So I don't think we need to worry about losing them completely.

This does not mean that the issue is any less urgent!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:41
SITE FOUNDER
We'll get on it Mar 9, 2010

Thanks for the notice, sorry for the trouble. We'll get on this right away.

Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
..usually Mar 9, 2010

Yes, in such situations messages simply queue up on the server where they are sitting -- within the site or outside -- and repeated attempts, over several days, if necessary, will be made to deliver the messages. In normal circumstances any messages not delivered should be returned to sender.

But, of course, our customers who are waiting for responses cannot know that their enquiries have not yet been received.

-K

Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
6 hours behind us... Mar 9, 2010

(6 hrs behind you)
-- the problem in a nutshell?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Will be another 30 minutes at least... Mar 9, 2010

Hi all,

This problem can not be resolved remotely. A staff member is on the way to the data center. It is unlikely that this issue will be resolved within the next 20 minutes.

I will keep you posted.

ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only 6? Mar 9, 2010

(13 hrs behind you)

Well, in my case, it's 13...

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Still on it... Mar 9, 2010

... we may be close to a solution. I'll keep posting.

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:41
Russian to English
+ ...
it works! Mar 9, 2010

Woohoo!

[Edited at 2010-03-09 11:27 GMT]

AZTranslations
AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
It's working again!! Mar 9, 2010

At least for me!!

Thank you!!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Service is back up Mar 9, 2010

The service is back up. No data should have been lost, and emails should be coming in again.

Once again, I regret the inconvenience caused. Although we have held out ProZ.com hosting as a low-cost (free) solution targeted at members who would otherwise not have a web presence, we know that many of you use your hosted email and sites for critical applications. We will take steps to improve the uptime of the service.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting Down (staff: 'Fixed.')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »