Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 2, 2009

Hi:

I have a website www.languagewide.com + hosting with another company. And I have www.traduccion-jurada-oficial.com + hosting with Proz. I would like to transfer the domain www.languagewide.com to Proz and t
... See more
Hi:

I have a website www.languagewide.com + hosting with another company. And I have www.traduccion-jurada-oficial.com + hosting with Proz. I would like to transfer the domain www.languagewide.com to Proz and then move all its files to a folder inside my current hosting @ Proz, as my websites don't consume too many MB. Is it possible to use the same hosting for both domains? Is there a way to tell www.languagewide.com to search for the index.html inside a folder different than root? If this is possible, I would like to transfer everything by October and buy two new domains redirecting to my current proz domain (traduccion-jurada-oficial).

Kind regards,

Rodrigo Mencía
Traductor jurado de inglés
Traducción Jurada Oficial / Languagewide
www.traduccion-jurada-oficial.com / www.languagewide.com

[Editado a las 2009-09-02 17:33 GMT]

[Editado a las 2009-09-02 17:34 GMT]
Collapse

Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Multiple domains/websites possible with Advanced Hosting package Sep 2, 2009

Dear Rodrigo,

It is possible to host up to 6 domains with the Advanced Hosting package, which is detailed here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info . Using the "Addon Domains" feature within cPanel, you can assign these additional domains to point to separate folders within your /public_html folder, allowing for a total of up to 6 separate websites.

You can only transfer addition
... See more
Dear Rodrigo,

It is possible to host up to 6 domains with the Advanced Hosting package, which is detailed here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info . Using the "Addon Domains" feature within cPanel, you can assign these additional domains to point to separate folders within your /public_html folder, allowing for a total of up to 6 separate websites.

You can only transfer additional domains to your ProZ.com hosting account (other than your main domain), if you have the Advanced Hosting package.

Best regards,
Matt Petrowski
ProZ.com systems administrator
Collapse

Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:06
French to German
+ ...
Subdomains Sep 3, 2009

Rodrigo Mencía wrote:
Is it possible to use the same hosting for both domains? Is there a way to tell www.languagewide.com to search for the index.html inside a folder different than root?

Hi Rodrigo,

if you save your second website in a folder (or subdomain) named "the" for example,
it will have two different URLs :

www.the.languagewide.com and www.languagewide.com/the/

Hope it helps,

Eric

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Domain transfer + Proz Hosting for 2 sites

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »