John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:46
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2009

I work from 2 different locations, so to keep my email well synchronized, I use an IMAP account within Thunderbird on both computers. What I like about this is that once I read an email and it is marked as "Read" in one email client, when I run the other from a different location, IMAP synchronizes it so the mail also shows as "Read" or "Not read" on the second Thunderbird client.

Recently I was getting warnings that my email account was getting full, so I set a mail forwarder in t
... See more
I work from 2 different locations, so to keep my email well synchronized, I use an IMAP account within Thunderbird on both computers. What I like about this is that once I read an email and it is marked as "Read" in one email client, when I run the other from a different location, IMAP synchronizes it so the mail also shows as "Read" or "Not read" on the second Thunderbird client.

Recently I was getting warnings that my email account was getting full, so I set a mail forwarder in the cPanel, so that mail would be archived at a different account that I have elsewhere. This works fine except for a strange problem that I can't figure out. Ever since I have set a mail forwarder, the mail is marked "Read", even if I have never opened the mail. This is inconvenient, as it is hard to tell what mail has been read and what has not been read.

Does anyone know why this would be and how to prevent it from happening?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz Email, IMAP & Forwarding

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »