Security code not visible in the contact page (Staff: Resolved)
Thread poster: Giuliana Mafrica
Giuliana Mafrica
Giuliana Mafrica  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:20
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 4, 2009

I had visualization problems in the contact page, which I successfully solved by modifying the first string of the contact.php file in the File Manager. However, the security code which enables message sending is not visible yet, so I cannot recevive messages from the contact page
I think that the strings of the code.php file are correct, and I suppose that the problem lies again within the contct.php file. Since I am neither a program developer, nor a basic language expert, I don't know w
... See more
I had visualization problems in the contact page, which I successfully solved by modifying the first string of the contact.php file in the File Manager. However, the security code which enables message sending is not visible yet, so I cannot recevive messages from the contact page
I think that the strings of the code.php file are correct, and I suppose that the problem lies again within the contct.php file. Since I am neither a program developer, nor a basic language expert, I don't know what to do.
I'd like to have a suggestion about this.

One more thing: even though I specified many tags in order to be found with search engines, my website doesn't appear when I try to find it with a Google search. Why?

Thank you for helping!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-04 14:12 GMT]
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Takes some weeks Apr 4, 2009

Giuliana Mafrica wrote:
One more thing: even though I specified many tags in order to be found with search engines, my website doesn't appear when I try to find it with a Google search. Why?

Thank you for helping!

Hello Giuliana,
it will take some weeks before Google and other SE's integrate the tags of your web page in their databases.

Laurent K.

Giuliana Mafrica
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 4, 2009

Thank you; as a matter of fact, I created the web site with Proz hosting about 1 week ago.
The real problem is the fact that I cannot be reached through the contact page: if I don't fix this issue, it's all useless!

[Modificato alle 2009-04-04 11:06 GMT]

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Your security image should now appear. Apr 4, 2009

Dear Giuliana,

Your contact page should now display the security image properly. Please let me know if the image is still not behaving as expected.

Best regards,
Andrew

Giuliana Mafrica
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now it's even worse! Apr 4, 2009

Dear Andrew,
Thanks for your interest, unfortunately the image doesn't work yet; besides, the original problem (error in page visualization) has been restored.
I hope I remember the string that I deleted to fix it.

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
The issue was caused by a cookie Apr 6, 2009

Dear Giuliana,

That small line must remain in the file for the security image to allow users to submit the form.

The issue you've seen on that page complaining about a session file was caused by a stale cookie held withing your account. I've removed this stale session data and visited your contact page once again to confirm that the ugly warnings shown at the head of the page no longer appear.

Please let me know if you continue experiencing an issue.... See more
Dear Giuliana,

That small line must remain in the file for the security image to allow users to submit the form.

The issue you've seen on that page complaining about a session file was caused by a stale cookie held withing your account. I've removed this stale session data and visited your contact page once again to confirm that the ugly warnings shown at the head of the page no longer appear.

Please let me know if you continue experiencing an issue.

Best regards,
Andrew
Collapse

Giuliana Mafrica
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem still there Apr 6, 2009

Dear Andrew,

After your message I've opened the contact page, and the problem is there again!

The lines below are at the beginning of the page:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_c2447185ba2456c67618265ca45c999b, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/giuliana/public_html/contact.php on line 1

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output star
... See more
Dear Andrew,

After your message I've opened the contact page, and the problem is there again!

The lines below are at the beginning of the page:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_c2447185ba2456c67618265ca45c999b, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/giuliana/public_html/contact.php on line 1

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/giuliana/public_html/contact.php:1) in /home/giuliana/public_html/contact.php on line 1

The rest of the page is very long downwards and the code is not visible yet.

At the end of the page, the message lines are the following:
Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_c2447185ba2456c67618265ca45c999b, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Should I delete anuthing from MY PC?

Can you possible delete the whole website, so that I can build it again?

Thanks again for your support.

Giuliana

[Modificato alle 2009-04-06 14:02 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2009-04-06 14:03 GMT]
Collapse

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Please try once more. Apr 6, 2009

Hello Giuliana,

Please refresh your contact page and tell me if the error message you've reported still exists.

Best Regards,
Andrew

Giuliana Mafrica
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved!!! Apr 6, 2009

I don't know what you've done, but it worked! I promise that I won't mess with that file anymore.
I hope that my little website will be viewed by many potential clients now...
Thank you Andrew, you've been very kind and scrupolous.

Giuliana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Security code not visible in the contact page (Staff: Resolved)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »