Giuliana Mafrica
Giuliana Mafrica  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:39
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 31, 2009

I've created my webpage with SiteCreator, but I must have deleted some important folder from FileManager in the Control Panel, because when I click on the address of my web page, a message appears in my browser saying that the page is not available, was renamed or removed. I tried to repeat the site creation procedure and to publish the web page again, and indeed SiteCreator confirms that the page has been published, but as a matter of fact it doesn't work. Is there a way of restoring the initia... See more
I've created my webpage with SiteCreator, but I must have deleted some important folder from FileManager in the Control Panel, because when I click on the address of my web page, a message appears in my browser saying that the page is not available, was renamed or removed. I tried to repeat the site creation procedure and to publish the web page again, and indeed SiteCreator confirms that the page has been published, but as a matter of fact it doesn't work. Is there a way of restoring the initial condition, even if that means cancelling everything and repeating the whole process?
Thanks
Collapse

Marius Feilberg Jacobsen
Marius Feilberg Jacobsen  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
check your index file Mar 31, 2009

Hi,

I don't know if this applies to site creator, as I've never used it, but you might want to check you index file. Your index file is basically the page which is "fetched" and displayed when someone types your address. So if your address is www.mysite.com, the site you're looking at (or should be look
... See more
Hi,

I don't know if this applies to site creator, as I've never used it, but you might want to check you index file. Your index file is basically the page which is "fetched" and displayed when someone types your address. So if your address is www.mysite.com, the site you're looking at (or should be looking at) is most likely called http://www.mysite.com/index.htm or http://www.mysite.com/index.html or http://www.mysite.com/index.php depending on the programming language.

So if this applies to site creator, I would see if you can find a site called index in your folder and make sure that the name and extension is correct:

e.g.
index.htm
index.html
index.php

I don't know if this is any help at all, but it's worth a shot!

Good luck!
Collapse

Giuliana Mafrica
Giuliana Mafrica  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No index file Mar 31, 2009

Thaks for the reply; I've looked inside the file manager, but no such a file exists. I don't know if there has to be an index file with this kind of site creation, but I can't find it. I wait for a reply from ProZ support, let's wait and see...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web page not available

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »