Thread poster: Vilma Alvarado
Vilma Alvarado
Vilma Alvarado  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 3, 2008

I cannot access C Panel, web mail, or any link to the Proz Hosting server. All I get is server timeout! Please Help...I need to get to my email ASAP! My domain is www.vilmaalvarado.com

I thank you in advance!!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-11-04 05:59]

Ahmet Murati
Ahmet Murati  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:46
English to Albanian
+ ...
Web site Nov 3, 2008

Well, Vilma

I just opened the site and

Vilma Alvarado Translation Services
Home

Under Construction

it seems to be ok
as long as I could see this

Ti queiro una buena nochas

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:46
Spanish
+ ...
Cpanel T is working Nov 4, 2008

Maybe there's something wrong with your browser, try using a different one.

Vilma Alvarado
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have tried different browsers Nov 4, 2008

No matter which browser I try I get the same message..server not found...Thanks

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:46
Spanish
+ ...
Support ticket Nov 4, 2008

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, try submitting a support ticket.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
I am able to access your site Nov 4, 2008

I can see www.vilmaalvarado.com. Please do submit that support ticket, though. They may be able to help you figure out what is wrong.

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
DNS cache may be interfering Nov 4, 2008

Hi Vilma,

The page not opening for you while others are able to access it without issue is a common symptom of an out-of-date DNS cache.

I've replied to your support ticket with some methods to flush any DNS cache that may be interfering with your computer's ability to open your site. Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Andrew

Isabel Cal Díaz
Isabel Cal Díaz  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:46
English to Spanish
Also experiencing problems Nov 4, 2008

I experienced the same problems as Vilma yesterday. They seemed to be resolved this morning (I am in the UK), but right now I cannot access the CPanel, Webmail or any link to the ProZ.com hosting server. I am not receving emails and my site seems to be down. My domain is www.sabelacal.com.

I closed yesterday´s support ticket, thinking that all was well, but would be grateful if you could let me kn
... See more
I experienced the same problems as Vilma yesterday. They seemed to be resolved this morning (I am in the UK), but right now I cannot access the CPanel, Webmail or any link to the ProZ.com hosting server. I am not receving emails and my site seems to be down. My domain is www.sabelacal.com.

I closed yesterday´s support ticket, thinking that all was well, but would be grateful if you could let me know if others are affected.

Thanks.

Sabela
Collapse

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
I've sent you an email Nov 4, 2008

Hello Sabela,

I had sent you an email regarding your issue, but I suppose I can't expect you to have received it if you're unable to access your account in anyway.

I'll troubleshoot your access problems and contact you using an alternative method.

Regards,
Andrew

Vilma Alvarado
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still I cannot access my domain Nov 6, 2008

I have followed every suggestion received and thought off...I did a system restore to a day previous to when the issue started and nothing works...I tried to visit Sabela's website and I get the same message as when I try to go to mine. All my other email servers work perfectly is just this domain and as it is, I have no way to connect with my translation/interpreter stored information, contacts, etc! I believe the issue is from the server because even trying to access my domain and ProZ host... See more
I have followed every suggestion received and thought off...I did a system restore to a day previous to when the issue started and nothing works...I tried to visit Sabela's website and I get the same message as when I try to go to mine. All my other email servers work perfectly is just this domain and as it is, I have no way to connect with my translation/interpreter stored information, contacts, etc! I believe the issue is from the server because even trying to access my domain and ProZ hosting links from other locations does not change the situation.

I am open to hear any other solution(s) before I decide to change hosting service.

Thanks!,

Vilma
Collapse

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Should be working now Nov 6, 2008

Hi Vilma,

I believe your connection issue should be resolved now. Could you attempt to access your hosting again once again?

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Andrew

Vilma Alvarado
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did and while connected I got disconnected and again I have no acces Nov 6, 2008

I jumped of excitement but did joy did not not last long...while reading the email I lost connection with the server.

I hope I can re log..I did not have enough time to copy my contacts information!

Thanks,

Vilma

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Lets continue this in your support ticket. Nov 6, 2008

Hi Vilma,

I've got a couple of suggestions but we should continue this in your support ticket.

Thanks,
Andrew

English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng
English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 17:46
English to Chinese
+ ...
Same problems for me. Remain Unresolved Nov 7, 2008

1. I have my website www.fanyi.co.nz hosted on ProZ.com. For over 48 hours now, the website has been inaccessible, and I have been unable to send and receive emails.

2. I have submitted a Support Ticket about 36 hours ago. A staff member referred the matter to another staff member. After that, I have not heard from the support team. Frustrating! If any Proz staff read this email, can you ple
... See more
1. I have my website www.fanyi.co.nz hosted on ProZ.com. For over 48 hours now, the website has been inaccessible, and I have been unable to send and receive emails.

2. I have submitted a Support Ticket about 36 hours ago. A staff member referred the matter to another staff member. After that, I have not heard from the support team. Frustrating! If any Proz staff read this email, can you please let me know the current status, and help to resolve the issue asap, thanks.

Kind regards,

Jimmy Deng

[Edited at 2008-11-07 22:33]
Collapse

Vilma Alvarado
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Having the same issue again Nov 9, 2008

I was able to log in Friday and after midnight EST it quit working again..no email, no contact. My support ticket still open but I have not heard about any new solution. I hope to hear soon from support"

Thanks!!!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ Hosting Server down? (Staff: "no')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »