To what extent does the directory ranking lead to more contacts by the clients?
Thread poster: Amin Zanganeh Inaloo
Amin Zanganeh Inaloo
Amin Zanganeh Inaloo  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:22
Member (2015)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
May 15, 2020

Hello, I am just trying to be more active in Proz to have a better directory ranking through Kudoz points which are indeed the basis of the ranking. Based on your experience, to what extent does the directory ranking lead to more contacts by the clients? I mean, have for instance the translators with the directory ranking of 40 in their language pair who could go up in the directory for about 5, 10 or 15 ranks experienced more visibility and more contacts by the clients? All comments and experie... See more
Hello, I am just trying to be more active in Proz to have a better directory ranking through Kudoz points which are indeed the basis of the ranking. Based on your experience, to what extent does the directory ranking lead to more contacts by the clients? I mean, have for instance the translators with the directory ranking of 40 in their language pair who could go up in the directory for about 5, 10 or 15 ranks experienced more visibility and more contacts by the clients? All comments and experiences in this regard are highly appreciated.Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:22
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Amin May 15, 2020

I have no idea what happens to people that have a better directory ranking than me (or a worse ranking for that matter), but I do know that I’m much more successful when I’m contacted directly through the directory in comparison to responding to job posts (I used to do it in the first years but now I seldom do). On the other side, when you’re active not only you’re networking with other colleagues (some have recommended me to their clients when they are not available, for instance) but a... See more
I have no idea what happens to people that have a better directory ranking than me (or a worse ranking for that matter), but I do know that I’m much more successful when I’m contacted directly through the directory in comparison to responding to job posts (I used to do it in the first years but now I seldom do). On the other side, when you’re active not only you’re networking with other colleagues (some have recommended me to their clients when they are not available, for instance) but also you’re more likely to be helped if you help others (Kudoz). Good luck!Collapse

Marwa Seleem
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Aline Amorim
Kate Perak
Philippe Etienne
Morano El-Kholy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To what extent does the directory ranking lead to more contacts by the clients?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »