Montreal conference 2007 - Fees for Conference in Montreal (staff: 'reduced to 50 CAD per day')
Thread poster: Zabette (X)
Zabette (X)
Zabette (X)
Local time: 13:44
French to English
Sep 24, 2007

Hi,
The information posted about a one-day pass to the conference from October 12 to 14 is unclear. In one place on the site you say that it is CAD$50.00 (excluding the lunch) and in another place CAD$150.00.

"Des inscriptions d'un jour sont disponibles: Les passes journalières ne comprennent pas le dîner de réseautage. Les inscriptions d'un jour sont disponibles sous la forme d'élément distinct, au prix de 50 $ CA. Les inscriptions d'un jour vous donnent accès à tous
... See more
Hi,
The information posted about a one-day pass to the conference from October 12 to 14 is unclear. In one place on the site you say that it is CAD$50.00 (excluding the lunch) and in another place CAD$150.00.

"Des inscriptions d'un jour sont disponibles: Les passes journalières ne comprennent pas le dîner de réseautage. Les inscriptions d'un jour sont disponibles sous la forme d'élément distinct, au prix de 50 $ CA. Les inscriptions d'un jour vous donnent accès à tous les ateliers offerts tout au long de la journée au cours de laquelle vous aurez choisi d'assister et elles comprennent la trousse participant, un déjeuner, deux pauses café et l'accès à l'Internet par des connexions WiFi."

Could you please clear up the matter of the price for me? I would go if it only costs $50.00 + $50.00 for the lunch, as would a number of my friends in translation.
Thanks, Zabette

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-24 17:53]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 23:08 GMT]
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

The fee for a single day is $50 Sep 24, 2007

As indicated, to attend a single day of the conference costs $50, and this will be indicated when you sign up for this feature. You may sign up for the networking dinner on Saturday night as well (in fact I just updated that page this morning), for an additional $50 pp. Two days, with the networking dinner, costs $150 - $50 Sat + $50 dinner + $50 Sunday.

The training workshops are held on Friday and Monday, and are separate from the conference, which means you must sign up (and pay)
... See more
As indicated, to attend a single day of the conference costs $50, and this will be indicated when you sign up for this feature. You may sign up for the networking dinner on Saturday night as well (in fact I just updated that page this morning), for an additional $50 pp. Two days, with the networking dinner, costs $150 - $50 Sat + $50 dinner + $50 Sunday.

The training workshops are held on Friday and Monday, and are separate from the conference, which means you must sign up (and pay) for them individually, if they interest you.

I hope this answers your question! See you in Montreal!

Best regards,
Nancy

Nancy Lynn Bogar
Local Organiser, ProZ.com Regional Conference, Montreal, October 13-14 2007.
Collapse

Amy Beth STINCHFIELD
Amy Beth STINCHFIELD
Local time: 14:44
French to English
price for student Oct 11, 2007

Hello,

Can you please tell me what the cost is for translation students?

Thanks,
Amy

NancyLynn wrote:

The training workshops are held on Friday and Monday, and are separate from the conference, which means you must sign up (and pay) for them individually, if they interest you.

I hope this answers your question! See you in Montreal!

Best regards,
Nancy

Nancy Lynn Bogar
Local Organiser, ProZ.com Regional Conference, Montreal, October 13-14 2007.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Students can come for free Oct 13, 2007

amybeths wrote:

Hello,

Can you please tell me what the cost is for translation students?

Thanks,
Amy

The conference is undersold, we have open seats. Students can come for free. Bring your student ID.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Montreal conference 2007 - Fees for Conference in Montreal (staff: 'reduced to 50 CAD per day')

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »