Poll: Did you have continuing professional development (CPD) plans for this year that had to be cancelled?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 15:15
SITE STAFF
May 30

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Did you have continuing professional development (CPD) plans for this year that had to be cancelled?".

View the poll results »

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 23:15
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I had no CPD plans for this year May 30

I haven’t done any CPD these last years. My work is my CPD. I attended a summer university course in 2017 to learn about neologisms' formation and use, but I do a lot of passive CPD reading books and articles in specialized areas. As I had almost no work during the lockdown I watched a few interesting YouTube videos on translation.

P.S. From time to time I think about going back to the university to take an international relations course but work gets in the way…

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
No May 30

Old dog, new tricks would be a waste of time.

Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 18:15
Romanian to English
+ ...
Yes! May 31

In order to keep my Court interpreter status, I need 16 CEUs, and the ATA and NAJIT Conferences provide the necessary credits. Unfortunately, NAJIT has been cancelled due to the Beer -19. Too bad!

[Edited at 2020-05-31 01:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Did you have continuing professional development (CPD) plans for this year that had to be cancelled?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

ProZ.com Headquarters
235 Harrison Street Mail Drop #22
Syracuse, NY 13202
USA
+1-315-463-7323
ProZ.com Argentina
Calle 14 nro. 622 1/2 entre 44 y 45
La Plata (B1900AND), Buenos Aires
Argentina
+54-221-425-1266
ProZ.com Ukraine
6 Karazina St.
Kharkiv, 61002
Ukraine
+380 57 7281624
Dawn it-tradutturi jikkoordinaw it-traduzzjoni ta’ ProZ.com f’ Maltese

Team Members: Rita Briffa

Jekk jogħġbok innota li s-sit għadu mhux tradott kollu. Il-lokalizzazzjoni tas-sit qed jipproċedi fi stadji, bis-siti l-aktar attivi jiġu tradotti l-ewwel. Jekk tara xi errur fit-traduzzjoni fi kwalunkwe parti tas-sit li diġà ġie lokalizzat, jekk jogħġbok avża lil wieħed mill-koordinaturi tal-lokalizzazzjoni hawn fuq.
For information on how you can help localize the site, please click here.

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Fittex għal terminu
  • Xogħol
  • Fora
  • Multiple search