Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: If you were offered a well-paid position in-house, would you drop freelancing?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Joohee Kim
Joohee Kim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 00:53
Member (2017)
English to Korean
+ ...
done that Jan 11, 2018

Well, I've done that. After finishing the in-house project, I thought 'Wow I SHOULD NOT have dropped freelancing.'

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:53
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Jan 12, 2018

I worked in-house for 20 years, 15 of which very well paid for local standards. I make twice as much as a freelancer as my best salary in-house. So, in order to go through all the suffering of an in-house job, it would have to pay me NET more than I earn as a freelancer, and that does not exsist in my areas of expertise and in my country.
Now, if the offer is to work in Europe or North-America, I would surely consider it.

Diana Obermeyer
Diana Obermeyer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:53
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
absolutely not Jan 18, 2018

Not because I'm against in-house work as such, but because it just doesn't mesh with my lifestyle choices.

I live for the great outdoors, and getting "out there" on the weekends will never cut it for me. I need to live in those remote and underpopulated places. There is no such thing as an in-house job in those locations, nevermind an in-house job tailored to my preferred fields.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: If you were offered a well-paid position in-house, would you drop freelancing?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »