Thread poster: Anita Shahbazian
Anita Shahbazian
Anita Shahbazian  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 12:14
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
May 23, 2012

Since SDL Trados is rarely used in Farsi language, there is little TM, Termbase and AutoSuggest dictionary for it, I want to know how can I generate or import AutoSuggest Dictionary in SDL Trados 2009.
In application "Help" section it says you need to have at least 25000 translation segment units to be able to generate an AutoSuggest Dictionary, this will take months and almost impossible for me, can anybody suggest how to import EnglishFarsi dictionaries like Aryan poor or Babylon to SDL
... See more
Since SDL Trados is rarely used in Farsi language, there is little TM, Termbase and AutoSuggest dictionary for it, I want to know how can I generate or import AutoSuggest Dictionary in SDL Trados 2009.
In application "Help" section it says you need to have at least 25000 translation segment units to be able to generate an AutoSuggest Dictionary, this will take months and almost impossible for me, can anybody suggest how to import EnglishFarsi dictionaries like Aryan poor or Babylon to SDL Trados? I am working with it now and I am really in need of that.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Collapse

it needs the format that sdl termbase supports Jan 19, 2013

I am in need of that termbase. The problem is how to convert babylon dictionary glossy to that format that SDL termbase supports. If this problem can be solved, I think, It is easy to make persian-english termbase.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EnglishFarsi Dictionary for SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »