Sima Sharifi
Sima Sharifi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:37
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Feb 22, 2012

سلام بر همگی

من این جمله را میخواهم به انگلیسی ترجمه کنم.

"امان از دست صاحبخانه سمج!"

" به نظر شما عبارت "امان از دست
را چگونه میشود ترجمه کرد؟

خیلی متشکر از جوابتان

سیما

Tahmineh Zardasht
Tahmineh Zardasht
Iran
Local time: 04:07
+ ...
what about this one? Feb 22, 2012

Hi,
Dont you think you can use "God protect us from .."?

Sima Sharifi
Canada
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
امان از دست Feb 22, 2012

Tahmineh Zardasht wrote:

Hi,
Dont you think you can use "God protect us from .."?

Hi Tahmineh,

Thank you for your reply.

I have the feeling that such a translation wouldn't communicate the message expressed with the phrase امان از دست

Especially for a non-religious translation.

Think about how you would translate such a phrase without invoking the word God or any religious notion?

I welcome any other comments.

Many thanks,
Sima

Mohammad Emami
Mohammad Emami  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
+ ...
Use KodoZ instead! Feb 22, 2012

Dear Sima,

As you are asking a direct translation question, I would strongly suggest that you post your question in KoduZ. It is simple, and more popular. Please put امان in the question title and feel free to add as much description as you like in the explanation section. I ensure that you will receive a range of responses of which you can choose the best for your purpose.

It is better to use the Persian Forum for more extended discussions on the complicated texts
... See more
Dear Sima,

As you are asking a direct translation question, I would strongly suggest that you post your question in KoduZ. It is simple, and more popular. Please put امان in the question title and feel free to add as much description as you like in the explanation section. I ensure that you will receive a range of responses of which you can choose the best for your purpose.

It is better to use the Persian Forum for more extended discussions on the complicated texts or translation difficulties.

With best wishes,
Collapse

Sima Sharifi
Canada
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
امان Feb 22, 2012

Mohammad Emami wrote:

Dear Sima,

It is better to use the Persian Forum for more extended discussions on the complicated texts or translation difficulties.

With best wishes,

Hi Mohammad,

I did post my question in KudoZ as you suggested; it didn't appear in that page though -- it may take some time to appear, I guess.

Where does it appear in KudoZ, by the way? Should I write it in English or keep it in Persian?

If I totally missed your point, then could you please email me the KudoZ link?

Thank you,
Sima

Sima Sharifi
Canada
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
امان Feb 23, 2012

Hello, the moderator, Mohammad,

So after I posted my question in KudoZ (as you wanted me to), here is what I got:

Dear Sima Sharifi,

This message is to inform you that your post "امان از دست " has been moved to a more appropriate forum
regarding
... See more
Hello, the moderator, Mohammad,

So after I posted my question in KudoZ (as you wanted me to), here is what I got:

Dear Sima Sharifi,

This message is to inform you that your post "امان از دست " has been moved to a more appropriate forum
regarding either content ( rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/2#2 )
or language (rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/7#7 )

You'll find your post relocated here: URL: http://www.proz.com/topic/218935

Regards,
Yolanda Broad, ProZ.com Moderator
http://www.proz.com/profile/761

This is getting really confusing. You think Persian forum is not suitable to ask questions such as mine; the Proz authorities however think this is where I should post it!

Now what should I do?

Sima

Sima Sharifi wrote:

Mohammad Emami wrote:

Dear Sima,

With best wishes,

Hi Mohammad,

I did post my question in KudoZ as you suggested; it didn't appear in that page though -- it may take some time to appear, I guess.

Where does it appear in KudoZ, by the way? Should I write it in English or keep it in Persian?

If I totally missed your point, then could you please email me the KudoZ link?

Thank you,
Sima
Collapse

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:37
English to German
+ ...
link to kudoz questions Feb 23, 2012

Dear Sima,

Maybe you posted it in the "KudoZ-Forum" instead of under KudoZ Terminology questions?

Try this:

http://www.proz.com/ask.php/?sp=k2&all_langs=y
Just select your source and your target language and enter the term(s) you have a problem with.

Best of luck
johanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

امان

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »