Problems with Metatexis for Word (version 3.0)
Thread poster: dochartach
dochartach
dochartach
Local time: 01:29
Nov 8, 2010

I'm fairly new to translation software. I had been using a free version of Metatexis lite for around 6 months. I liked the layout and the fact that that source segments could be viewed alongside translated segments. I didn't really utilise many features of the translation software. I decided to trial the newest version and to try to utilise the package more fully. I had a termbase I wanted to use and I wanted to try out the alignment tools.
Version 3.0 seems less stable than the lite versi
... See more
I'm fairly new to translation software. I had been using a free version of Metatexis lite for around 6 months. I liked the layout and the fact that that source segments could be viewed alongside translated segments. I didn't really utilise many features of the translation software. I decided to trial the newest version and to try to utilise the package more fully. I had a termbase I wanted to use and I wanted to try out the alignment tools.
Version 3.0 seems less stable than the lite version I'm used to.

I went through the usual steps in preparing my document for translation however, I specified the folder where metatexis was to create the separate metatexis version of my word file, however, on finishing work for the day Metatexis did not create a separate file but merely saved the file under it's own name with the changes implemented. I did not worry as I had a backup.
I picked up where I left off the second day and things seemed to be working well - it's a bit slow but I put that down to the size of my term base c. 190,000 entries??.
My computer froze half way during the day - I can't say for certain if this was anything to do with metatexis or not, but when I rebooted I was able to recover most of what I had translated, but the document was a normal word document. The Metatexis toolbar is now nowhere to be seen. I've tried everything but can't access any of the metatexis features or tools? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Metatexis for Word (version 3.0)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »