Can Metatexis import files aligned with +tools to create a TM?
Thread poster: Katherine Simpson
Katherine Simpson
Katherine Simpson  Identity Verified
Zimbabwe
Local time: 20:19
German to English
+ ...
Jan 6, 2010

HI everyone,
I have been trying to create a TM in Metatexis using files that I aligned with +tools. I tried saving the files as .txt and as .tmx, and although Metatexis picks them up, when I try to import it says that the data sets were not imported because identical data sets were found or because source and/or translation was missing, but this is not true as it displays both source and translation in the box before.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
Thanks, Kather
... See more
HI everyone,
I have been trying to create a TM in Metatexis using files that I aligned with +tools. I tried saving the files as .txt and as .tmx, and although Metatexis picks them up, when I try to import it says that the data sets were not imported because identical data sets were found or because source and/or translation was missing, but this is not true as it displays both source and translation in the box before.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
Thanks, Katherine
Collapse

mps1 (X)
mps1 (X)
Spain
Local time: 19:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have been working with memories from metatexis Jan 6, 2010

Hi,
I have a client who uses metatexis. I use Trados. He has sent me a memory (.TMX), which I have imported, apparently some units were lost but I have found everything and used his memory a lot.
When I finished some translations, I export a memory (again TMX), and he has never complained, so he uses it. So it is possible to import/export memories from Metatexis-Trados and viceversa.
Hope It helped you.

Katherine Simpson
Katherine Simpson  Identity Verified
Zimbabwe
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 7, 2010

Thanks for your reply. I managed to import what I needed, though I had to use bitext to align my texts. Anyway, it worked, so I am happy.

Nabeel Alwyssi
Nabeel Alwyssi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Arabic
+ ...
Metatexis can certainly cope with +tools Jan 8, 2010

Metatexis can import TM created by +tools.
After finishing alignment with Plus Tools , you need to rewrite/export the TM as .TMX file. Once you make this conversion, every TM software will accept your aligned TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Metatexis import files aligned with +tools to create a TM?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »