ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 13:08
English to Arabic
+ ...
Wonderful elaboration Nov 25, 2017

John Fossey wrote:

For the record, here is the procedure I am now using to translate Memsource files in memoQ. Thanks to Kilgray support for their detailed help.

1) Download the MXLIFF file from the Memsource cloud server
2) In memoQ, open Import with Options
3) In the Open dialog box, change the filetype from "All supported files" to "All files", select the MXLIFF file and Open
4) In the Document import options dialog box, use the XLIFF filter

The next steps are required if some of the segments have already been confirmed by the client. The memoQ filter doesn't recognize the MXLIFF way of confirming.
5) Select "Change filter and configuration" (or "... for all" for multiple files)
6) Select the Advanced tab
7) Check the "Import match rate" box at the bottom and in the "Use this attribute of the "trans-unit" element" field type "m:confirmed" (without the quotes).
8) Click OK and OK to import the file

9) Open the file for translation. You will see the Memsource tags such as {b>, etc.
10) Open Preparation > Regex Tagger and create a New Configuration - give it a name for use next time
11) Typing in the "Regular expression box" followed by "Add", enter the following filter, one line at a time:

SnipImage(2)

12) Save the configuration and click OK. All the Memsource tags should now turn into memoQ tags.

13) If some of the segments were previously confirmed by the client you will see their match rates as 1%. Sort the open file by Match rate, select all the 1% segments and confirm to have them confirmed in memoQ

13) Translate in memoQ as normal

To return the completed (or partially completed) file, download and install Memsource Desktop Editor, and log on to the server with the credentials supplied by the client.
14) Export the file from memoQ.
15) Open the finished file the Memsource Desktop Editor
16) Memsource doesn't recognize memoQ's Confirmed status, so after import it is necessary to Select All and Confirm in Memsource
17) Upload it to the Memsource server (Document tab)

[Edited at 2016-10-20 17:14 GMT]

You made my day

Thank you so much for such elaboration!

Charlotte Farrell
Charlotte Farrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:08
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
Thanks for the useful info. But I have some questions... Apr 10, 2018

I'm trying to translate a Memsource file in MemoQ and this thread has been very helpful so far. However, does anyone have a copy and pasteable version of John's Regex Tagger code? I'm worried about making typos when typing it in manually.

Also, if I wanted to merge/split segments in MemoQ, would this cause a problem when exported back into my client's Memsource project? I know it can do with Trados projects. Thank you everyone in advance!

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:08
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Answers Apr 11, 2018

Charlotte Farrell wrote:

I'm trying to translate a Memsource file in MemoQ and this thread has been very helpful so far. However, does anyone have a copy and pasteable version of John's Regex Tagger code? I'm worried about making typos when typing it in manually.

Just pm'd you.

Also, if I wanted to merge/split segments in MemoQ, would this cause a problem when exported back into my client's Memsource project? I know it can do with Trados projects. Thank you everyone in advance!

No, it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

John Fossey
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
To build filter into MemoQ Feb 5, 2019

I have been using a third-party filter that can be added to MemoQ for importing and exporting Memsource mxliff files. It seems to work well, and retains the statuses and match values. Details can be f... See more
I have been using a third-party filter that can be added to MemoQ for importing and exporting Memsource mxliff files. It seems to work well, and retains the statuses and match values. Details can be found here:

https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001190792-What-is-the-Best-way-to-Process-Memsource-MXLIFF-Files-in-MemoQ-
Collapse

Nico Wagner

Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:08
Member (2006)
French to English
query about Regex Tagger - query for John Fossey Mar 23, 2019

Hi, this is a query for John Fossey, I'm translating Memsource files in MemoQ using the filters & applying the Regex Tagger as you have very helpfully explained here, however I'm wondering if it is possible to apply the Regex Tagger codes to 1 single project, or is it necessary to apply them to 1 file at a time? Thanks in advance for your reply!

John Fossey
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Use a view Mar 23, 2019

Jenny Duthie wrote:

Hi, this is a query for John Fossey, I'm translating Memsource files in MemoQ using the filters & applying the Regex Tagger as you have very helpfully explained here, however I'm wondering if it is possible to apply the Regex Tagger codes to 1 single project, or is it necessary to apply them to 1 file at a time? Thanks in advance for your reply!

To use the Regex tagger on multiple files within a single project you can combine the files into a single view. When the view is opened Regex tagger is available under the Preparation tab. After tagging you can then remove the view to work on the individual files.

Fabio Tursi
Fabio Tursi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:08
English to Italian
Comments? Nov 22, 2019

Has anyone found a way to import comments, too? Marek's method just doesn't. Is anyone here skilled enough to implement it to his template?
Thank you!

Juan Perello

Juan Perello
Juan Perello  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:08
Member (2005)
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
No news on comments importation yet? Jun 8, 2020

Fabio Tursi wrote:

Has anyone found a way to import comments, too? Marek's method just doesn't. Is anyone here skilled enough to implement it to his template?
Thank you!

I'm having the same problem, does anyone knows of a way to import comments as well? whenever I reimport a file reviewed by the client, all rows are marked as commented and the content is not really a comment, but a proposal from their memory or something like that.
Any takes on this?

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Locked segments in Memsource Feb 15, 2021

Hello,

I work very comfortably with John's method but I noticed that locked segments in Memsource is "unlocked" when I open it in memoQ and editable.
Does anyone know how to import the same setting for locked/unlocked segments as well?

Akiko

Mayumi Sasao
Mayumi Sasao  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:08
Member (2008)
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Amazing! and beautifull to see these red tags Sep 6, 2022

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:

I do that on a daily basis. I download Memsource's XLIFF files from my customer's Memsource platform and work on them in memoQ. I either return the files by email or upload the XLIFF files to their portal.

Memsource's XLIFF files (which are bilingual, of course) have the *.mxliff extension and memoQ does not have that in its list of compatible XLIFF files. However, you can easily import the files by selecting XLIFF as the file format. If you also want to have memoQ import Memsource's tags (marked by greater-than and smaller-than characters) as internal (red) tags, you can do it easily by creating a cascading filter with RegEx tagger and simple settings.

I would be happy to send you my defined cascading filter if you wish. It did not much time at all to make. Just email me via my profile and I will send you an exported copy.

I have successfully imported a MemSource file with the red tags with the aid of the cascading filter made and shared generouslly by Tomás.

Many thanks!

John Fossey
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
MemoQ now supports Phrase (formerly Memsource) mxliff files Mar 1, 2023

The new version of MemoQ 10, released today, now supports mxliff files from Phrase (formerly Memsource).

[Edited at 2023-03-01 18:49 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate Memsource projects in memoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »