Apple Translate has become available on the iPhone and iPad
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Sep 17, 2020

With the release of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, Apple Translate has become available on the iPhone and iPad.

Translation is currently supported between English, Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Portuguese and Russian. All languages support dictation and can be downloaded for offline use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translate_(Apple)

Example:

La diffusione del Cornetto fu enorme, anche grazie a forti campagne pubblicitarie, tant'è che il termine cornetto, nell'ambito dei gelati, è diventato un nome generico per indicare un qualunque tipo di cono gelato industriale di qualsiasi marca, in maniera simile a quanto avvenuto con altri prodotti.

Cornetto was a huge spread, thanks also to strong advertising campaigns, and the term croissant, within the ice cream, has become a generic name to indicate any kind of industrial ice cream cone of any brand, similar to that of other products.

For comparison, DeepL:

The diffusion of Cornetto was enormous, also thanks to strong advertising campaigns, so much so that the term cornetto, in the field of ice cream, has become a generic name to indicate any type of industrial ice cream cone of any brand, in a similar way to what happened with other products.

Google Translate:

The spread of the Cornetto was enormous, also thanks to strong advertising campaigns, so much so that the term cornetto, in the context of ice creams, has become a generic name to indicate any type of industrial ice cream cone of any brand, in a similar way to what happened with other products.

[Edited at 2020-09-17 05:23 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:48
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Ha ha Sep 17, 2020

"croissant, within the ice cream"

Interesting, but slightly disgusting.

Platary (X)

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 20:48
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
More disgusting Sep 17, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

"croissant, within the ice cream"

Interesting, but slightly disgusting.

Yesterday on Soliti Ignoti there was a participant who said he made ice-creams with mortadella as starters! A question of tastes, not mine though thanks

Alex Bradley
Alex Bradley
United States
Yeap Oct 21, 2020

I'm not sure that this will suit me and I'm not sure that I'll like it. Those who have already tried, responded unflatteringly, but for me the main thing is to know about the problem and be able to solve it, so I will try. It is good that there are people who can shed light on unclear issues. And if you have any problems using IOS 14, I advise you ... See more
I'm not sure that this will suit me and I'm not sure that I'll like it. Those who have already tried, responded unflatteringly, but for me the main thing is to know about the problem and be able to solve it, so I will try. It is good that there are people who can shed light on unclear issues. And if you have any problems using IOS 14, I advise you https://breakfixnow.com.sg/iphone-weak-wi-fi-reasons/ . So they explained to me why the Internet is weaker on IOS 14 than on previous operating systems

[Редактировалось 2020-10-22 15:55 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apple Translate has become available on the iPhone and iPad

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »