Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:35
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Me too Nov 8, 2018

Monika Roehl wrote:

I ordered the cost-free trial version for one month, then noticed that Linguee debited 29.99 euros off my credit card. .....I will look for a different machine translation solution.

Me too. Deepl is too expensive for what it does. To justify the cost, it would have to be an everyday tool; one that I would use every day.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:35
English to Italian
Ironic Nov 8, 2018

Monika Roehl wrote:

I called the phone number under their "Impressum". A machine answered, prompting me to leave a message after the tone. After the tone, the phone was disconnected.

Quite ironic they (only) have machines answering their phones... Guess they're still "training" them to sound like humans, just like their "MT engine"...

On a broader note, I wonder who these people will be selling their products/services to once everyone will have lost their job to a machine...

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you think about DeepL?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »