Thread poster: M.C. SELVA
M.C. SELVA
M.C. SELVA  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:41
French to Spanish
Dec 15, 2006

Hi!
Sorry for my bad English. I've a question about Wordfast. Does Wordfast work in Linux Platform? Someone has tried?
Thanks
MC

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-15 16:48]

[Editado a las 2006-12-15 17:04]

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Probably Dec 15, 2006

The Wordfast site (www.wordfast.net) mentions 2 working and tested environments:
Linux (Mandrake, XFCE, VMWare & Office 97)
Linux (Suse, KDE2 + Crossover & Word 2000)

Regards,
Gerard

franksf
franksf
Chinese to English
Try it out with OpenOffice and StarOffice on Windows PC Dec 15, 2006

The instruction is for MSWord, try it with OpenOffice and StarOffice Windows version, looks like VB is needed. If it works with non-MS office suites on Windows, it may work with the same suites on Linux.

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Does Wordfast work under Linux? Dec 16, 2006

franksf wrote:

The instruction is for MSWord, try it with OpenOffice and StarOffice Windows version, looks like VB is needed. If it works with non-MS office suites on Windows, it may work with the same suites on Linux.

Wordfast does not work in conjunction with OpenOffice.org or StarOffice in the same way as with Word. OpenOffice.org uses its own version of Basic, Star Basic.

Wordfast will run on Linux if Crossover Office and Microsoft Word are installed. The CO/Word/WF combination has been tried successfully on a number of Linux distributions.

Marc

Bruno Marmier
Bruno Marmier  Identity Verified
Spanish to French
+ ...
Anaphraseus Jun 27, 2008

Hi,

Anaphraseus is a Wordfast-clone for OpenOffice. I have tested it on a Ubuntu Linux 8.04 box with OpenOffice 2.4 and it works well.

you can find it at http://anaphraseus.sourceforge.net/

Bruno

Alberto Orengo
Alberto Orengo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Anaphraseus Sep 15, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I've just bought a new laptop and Vista apparently doesn't support my office 2000, so, since I have a really tight deadline, I have gambled on openoffice with anaphraseus. As Bruno says, it's a wordfast-clone, and it's been working fine sofar. I'll come back on this once I've finished the translation.

Alberto

Alberto Orengo
Alberto Orengo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Anaphraseus Sep 16, 2008

Ok, for those who are interested in Anaphraseus. As other have reminded us, it's still a beta version. Now I have used it for a while, and was quite happy until I had to translate tabs content. Well, here it simply skipped it as if it didn't recognise tabs as items to be translated. Perhaps I have done something wrong, but I still wasn't able to sort this out. However I'm sure developers will fix any bugs users will report.

[Edited at 2008-09-16 09:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Wordfast work under Linux?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »