Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:09
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 10, 2009

I find it irritating that McAfee Site Advisor always gives ProZ a dubious yellow rating.
I have found an alternative, a Firefox add-on, which claims to cover 21,000,000 sites. It is called WOT (Web of Trust), and uses a similar traffic-light rating system. It gives ProZ a green rating. I am now using it instead of McAfee Site Advisor, which I have uninstalled. Does anyone else feel like giving McAfee Site Advisor a vote of no confidence in the same way?

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:09
Spanish
+ ...
Don't know about McAfee... Jun 10, 2009

But WOT is a great extension. This is the link: http://spedr.com/12qxp

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:09
French to German
+ ...
Smell of flowers... Jun 10, 2009

Jack Doughty wrote:
Does anyone else feel like giving McAfee Site Advisor a vote of no confidence in the same way?

With a 10/10th smell of flowers or with a tin-fish?
Laurent K.

PS: never heard of MASA, so... and WOT also works with IE (for those who like it slow, though).

[Edited at 2009-06-11 05:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alternative to McAfee Site Advisor for Firefox users

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »