Discourses
Thread poster: Emilia Ajule
Emilia Ajule
Emilia Ajule
German to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 19, 2006

Hei, I am preparing to write my final essay on textlinguistic. I want to start writing about what a text , characteristics of a text and than analyse it particularly on dicourses.
Could you suggest how a discourse could be analysed (or even compared to discourses in another language-contrastive linguistic). And where I can find different types of discourses?
Thanks a lot,
Emilia

Joost Elshoff (X)
Joost Elshoff (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:28
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Try your local Academic Library for starters Oct 19, 2006

There has been a lot of work done on discourse analysis over the last few years, so it won't be that hard to find documentation on the texts you want to analyse and compare.

In the linguistics department of any university you would expect to be able to find textbooks on Discourse Semantics, Discourse Analysis and Text Linguistics.

If you do want to check the internet to find texts, corpora and the like, you might want to try a keyword search in google... the first thin
... See more
There has been a lot of work done on discourse analysis over the last few years, so it won't be that hard to find documentation on the texts you want to analyse and compare.

In the linguistics department of any university you would expect to be able to find textbooks on Discourse Semantics, Discourse Analysis and Text Linguistics.

If you do want to check the internet to find texts, corpora and the like, you might want to try a keyword search in google... the first thing I encountered was a short essay on Discourse Analysis that seems to be worth reading at http://www.criticism.com/da/da_indet.html

Otherwise you might find what you are looking for at LinguistList.org

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discourses

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »