how do you translate/interprete "market integrity" in your languages?
Thread poster: Chien Nguyen
Chien Nguyen
Chien Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 17:21
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Aug 11, 2014

I involve a lot in financial sector and often face with the phrase "market integrity", but problem is that the translation/interpretation into my mother tongue is not consistent, even within the context of the capital or financial markets.
I interpreted sometimes as:
1. Conduct or behaviour in the market place;
2. Righteousness (like right behaviour);
3. As the same meaning as integrity in " territorial integrity".

So do you face the same problem like me whe
... See more
I involve a lot in financial sector and often face with the phrase "market integrity", but problem is that the translation/interpretation into my mother tongue is not consistent, even within the context of the capital or financial markets.
I interpreted sometimes as:
1. Conduct or behaviour in the market place;
2. Righteousness (like right behaviour);
3. As the same meaning as integrity in " territorial integrity".

So do you face the same problem like me when translating this phrase into yours?
How do you often translate it and got accepted?

Thanks for your sharing.

-----------
Vietnamese - English translator/ interpreter
Collapse

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:21
Chinese to English
In Chinese: market honesty Aug 12, 2014

Remember that terms like this are new inventions in English as well. It is natural that a simple translation doesn't exist into Vietnamese.

In Chinese, there seems to be a standard translation which uses a relatively uncommon word for "honesty".

My understanding of the term is that market integrity refers to sets of uniform rules of conduct and transparency which help to prevent wrongdoing in complex financial transactions.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:21
French to Spanish
+ ...
In Spanish: integridad del/de los mercados Aug 14, 2014

Hello.

In order to get that "integrity", as Phil also has said, some rules are to be set to prevent fraud.
"Íntegro" means "honest" too in Spanish, or "complete".

Greetings.

Chien Nguyen
Chien Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 17:21
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
agree. meaning of it still arguing Aug 14, 2014

Thank you guys. I agree with Phil and Susana that the term for the context "(financial) market integrity" is still under debating.

I am in the financial industry, so i understand that it is about conduct, behavior. But most of the translator, especially interpreter at conference/workshop interpret it as "completeness", I think as you can understand for the case of "territory integrity"

Thank you guys.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how do you translate/interprete "market integrity" in your languages?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »