Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
About Chinese: Simplified or Traditional?
Thread poster: GUO-HUAN CHEN
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 10:13
Japanese to English
That would be interesting Oct 4, 2010

Sorry, my Cantonese is terrible, I don't have a hope of finding such a text. But are you really saying that books and articles written in Hong Kong for Hong Kong readers still write in Mandarin?

GUO-HUAN CHEN
GUO-HUAN CHEN
Canada
Local time: 06:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Madarin and Catonese are all just oral languages. Oct 5, 2010

TransAfrique wrote:

Sorry, my Cantonese is terrible, I don't have a hope of finding such a text. But are you really saying that books and articles written in Hong Kong for Hong Kong readers still write in Mandarin?

There are only two writing systems of Chinese: Traditional and Simplified, and the difference between them is just some characters of the simplified system are chosen from the traditional form and standardized.
Cantonese is a "regional dialect", and Mandarin is an "official dialect" , there never exists Cantonese of Mandarin writing form.

[Edited at 2010-10-05 16:16 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About Chinese: Simplified or Traditional?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »