Thread poster: Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 24, 2010

Hi,

I was thinking about the Boredom we face in our industry. In a big projects, I begin to extract new terms to put the appropriate translation for it, but after I finish about 2000 word of the project I feel that the work become more Boredom and free from innovation. Of course, this is also true when we work on the same subject that we are familiar with.

Is this your experience as well, or you have another vision? and how can we make our professionalism more innovativ
... See more
Hi,

I was thinking about the Boredom we face in our industry. In a big projects, I begin to extract new terms to put the appropriate translation for it, but after I finish about 2000 word of the project I feel that the work become more Boredom and free from innovation. Of course, this is also true when we work on the same subject that we are familiar with.

Is this your experience as well, or you have another vision? and how can we make our professionalism more innovative?

Thanks,

[Edited at 2010-05-24 03:10 GMT]
Collapse

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Choose Projects Carefully May 24, 2010

For me, the answer is simple: I only accept projects that genuinely interest me. That way, I am never bored and look forward to my job each day.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:56
Portuguese to English
+ ...
In an ideal world... May 24, 2010

...I'd accept only jobs that interest me, and I actually do that a lot of the time, but during slow periods I sometimes have to take something that doesn't interest me, and yes, it is VERY BORING.

Vincenzo Di Maso
Vincenzo Di Maso  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:56
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
it depends May 24, 2010

I use to accept only projects I like and do not risk to become boring.
But many times we do not have choice. Some projects are well paid albeit they can be boring.
Anyway... when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:56
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Or... May 24, 2010

Anyway... when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!

Or you can suck on them and suffer!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The More we get experienced, the more we got Boredom

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »