Thread poster: Tomasz Chyrzyński
Tomasz Chyrzyński
Tomasz Chyrzyński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:06
Polish to English
+ ...
May 28, 2008

i need a really comprehensive dictionary or encyklopedia of linguistcs (linguistic terms). can anyone recommend something to me?

thnx

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:06
German to English
Longman May 28, 2008

Longman Dictionary of Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics

http://www.amazon.com/Longman-Dictionary-Language-Teaching-Linguistics/dp/0582072441

Krzysztof Łesyk
Krzysztof Łesyk  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:06
Japanese to English
+ ...
Lexicon of Linguistics May 29, 2008

You can also try the online Lexicon of Linguistics: http://www2.let.uu.nl/UiL-OTS/Lexicon/ - probably much less comprehensive, but it's free and available right away.

Tomasz Chyrzyński
Tomasz Chyrzyński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:06
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
dictionary May 29, 2008

i was thinking about longmans dictionary, but i also thought of oxford's dictionary of linguistics. what do you think?

Krzysztof Łesyk - znam tą stornę, ale jest cieniutka. potrzebuje czegos potężniejszego w każdym razie dzięki za odpowiedź.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dictionary of linguistics

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »