Plus package terminology benefit now includes Korean language pairs
Thread poster: ..... (X)
..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 22:16
Nov 22, 2017

(Sorry to post in English, but this may be relevant to those working into or out of Korean)

I am happy to announce new language pairs for one of the ProZ.com Plus package benefits. Starting today, The CJK Dictionary Institute's terminology packages now include Japanese to Korean and Korean to Japanese terminology packages. These glossaries are available for free for Plus subscribers. If you are not a Plus subscriber you can purchase the glossaries individually.

How t
... See more
(Sorry to post in English, but this may be relevant to those working into or out of Korean)

I am happy to announce new language pairs for one of the ProZ.com Plus package benefits. Starting today, The CJK Dictionary Institute's terminology packages now include Japanese to Korean and Korean to Japanese terminology packages. These glossaries are available for free for Plus subscribers. If you are not a Plus subscriber you can purchase the glossaries individually.

How to access your free CJK Dictionary Institute terminology package downloads
Plus subscribers can download any of the The CJK Dictionary Institute's terminology packages for free from the TM-Town Terminology Marketplace by signing into TM-Town using the "Sign in with ProZ.com" button.

About The CJK Dictionary Institute
The CJK Dictionary Institute, specializing in CJK computational lexicography, is engaged in the continuous expansion of comprehensive CJK lexical databases. Currently, these databases cover about 24 million entries in Japanese, Chinese (both simplified and traditional), Korean and Arabic, and include a rich set of grammatical and semantic attributes. These resources are used by major portals and software developers in a wide variety of applications, including named entity recognition, machine translation, anti-money laundering and risk management, morphological analysis.

Japanese to Korean
CJKI Glossary of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Business and Economics Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry Terms - Japanese to Korean ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Civil Engineering Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Computer and IT Terms - Japanese to Korean ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Electrical Engineering Terms - Japanese to Korean ($8.00)
CJKI Glossary of Electronics Terms - Japanese to Korean ($8.00)
CJKI Glossary of Environment Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of General Science Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Geology and Astronomy Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Mathematics Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Mechanical Engineering Terms - Japanese to Korean ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Medical, Pharmaceutics and Life Science Terms - Japanese to Korean ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Metallurgy Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Military Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Physics and Nuclear Engineering Terms - Japanese to Korean ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Sociological Terms - Japanese to Korean ($8.00)
CJKI Glossary of Transport Terms - Japanese to Korean ($8.00)

Korean to Japanese
CJKI Glossary of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Business and Economics Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry Terms - Korean to Japanese ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Civil Engineering Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Computer and IT Terms - Korean to Japanese ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Electrical Engineering Terms - Korean to Japanese ($8.00)
CJKI Glossary of Electronics Terms - Korean to Japanese ($8.00)
CJKI Glossary of Environment Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of General Science Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Geology and Astronomy Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Mathematics Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Mechanical Engineering Terms - Korean to Japanese ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Medical, Pharmaceutics and Life Science Terms - Korean to Japanese ($18.00)
CJKI Glossary of Metallurgy Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Military Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Physics and Nuclear Engineering Terms - Korean to Japanese ($12.00)
CJKI Glossary of Sociological Terms - Korean to Japanese ($8.00)
CJKI Glossary of Transport Terms - Korean to Japanese ($8.00)

View all terminology packages available for free as part of the ProZ.com Plus package
Collapse

Jina Yeo
Jina Yeo
English to Korean
How to use the terminology package? Nov 22, 2017

Thanks for the useful information, Kevin!

I am happy to know TM-town offers these fabulous resources for free to the Proz plus subscriber.

I am not sure it's a proper place to ask this question, but let me ask you about this terminology package.

Japanese is not included in my pair but Chinese is, so I've tried to download the files for English to Chinese pair(zip files). But I don't know how to use them.
The extracted folder has some csv files contain
... See more

I am happy to know TM-town offers these fabulous resources for free to the Proz plus subscriber.

I am not sure it's a proper place to ask this question, but let me ask you about this terminology package.

Japanese is not included in my pair but Chinese is, so I've tried to download the files for English to Chinese pair(zip files). But I don't know how to use them.
The extracted folder has some csv files containing word pairs.
But the fonts are all broken in Chinese columns, and some numbers are shown in the English columns.:???:

Chinese_English Automotive broken fonts_capture

Could you let me know how I can utilize this terminology package?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2017-11-22 07:25 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-11-22 07:27 GMT]
Collapse

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Usage Nov 22, 2017

Jina Yeo wrote:

The extracted folder has some csv files containing word pairs.
But the fonts are all broken in Chinese columns, and some numbers are shown in the English columns.:???:

Chinese_English Automotive broken fonts_capture

Could you let me know how I can utilize this terminology package?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2017-11-22 07:25 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-11-22 07:27 GMT]

Hi Jina,

Thank you for your interest in the glossaries.

Do you use a CAT tool? Typically, most translators will use the glossaries in their CAT tool. If so, you will most likely use the ".txt" file that was included and an import function on your CAT tool. If you send me an email (kevin _AT_ proz.com) I can help you further depending on the CAT tool you use.

If you don't use a CAT tool, one option would be to use it in Excel like you are doing in the screenshot. In that case you will need a UTF-16 version of the file. Send me an email and I can help you with that.

Another option if you don't use a CAT tool would be to upload the .txt file to your TM-Town account and use TM-Town's search feature ( https://www.tm-town.com/search ) to search the glossary while you are translating. This blog article has more details on that: https://www.tm-town.com/blog/search-your-translation-memory

Best regards,
Kevin

Christopher Khang
Christopher Khang
Korean to English
Korean-English version Nov 22, 2017

Hi Kevin,

Do you have any plan to offer Korean-English pair of your tm?

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Korean-English Nov 22, 2017

Christopher Khang wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Do you have any plan to offer Korean-English pair of your tm?

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans for that language pair. The language pairs are based on The CJK Dictionary Institute's offerings.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Plus package terminology benefit now includes Korean language pairs

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »