Thread poster: Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:22
French to English
Jul 9, 2019

Hello all,
I regularly translate catalogues via a website. I often get an error message saying that shockwave flash is not responding but usually it sorts itself out if I remove the message.This time that's not working and I can't open any of the products to be translated. I've tried going through settings and generally tried anything I could find recommended on the internet including trying different browsers with no success. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:22
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Disable Flash Jul 10, 2019

Depending on your browser it can be done in the program settings or using a privacy/ad-blocking extension. For example, in Mozilla Firefox or its derivatives, enter about:addons in the URL field, click on Plugins and in the respective dropdown list select the desired setting.

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 10, 2019

Thanks I'll look at that.

[Edited at 2019-07-10 08:13 GMT]

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:22
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Or disable other addons Jul 10, 2019

Sometimes other addons can interfere with Shockwave. Try disabling any other addons one by one and see if that helps.

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 10, 2019

Thanks John, tried that with no luck. However the agency have sent me another address which seems to be working on my laptop but not my PC, no idea why!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shockwave flash not responding

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »