Our dear friend Monika Martens
Thread poster: Monika Coulson
mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:05
English to Arabic
+ ...
Condolencs Oct 4, 2002

We heard of the sad news of the passwing away of Monika due to a terrible car accident, through Proz. On behalf of all Arabic Translators, I extend my heartfelt condolences to her husband and family. At a time such as this, it seems vain to try to express your feelings, but please count us among those who share your sorrows.

In Deepest sympathy,

Sam Ragab<
... See more
We heard of the sad news of the passwing away of Monika due to a terrible car accident, through Proz. On behalf of all Arabic Translators, I extend my heartfelt condolences to her husband and family. At a time such as this, it seems vain to try to express your feelings, but please count us among those who share your sorrows.

In Deepest sympathy,

Sam Ragab

Senior Arabic Translator

www.arabianatrans.com

Collapse

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Local time: 00:05
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Such a loss! Oct 4, 2002

May God rest Monika\'s soul in peace. May God give strength to her husband and all the beloved ones. We all have become poorer without one of us...

Giovanna Graziani
Giovanna Graziani  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
terrible news Oct 4, 2002

I\'m joining all of you in expressing my deepest sympathy to Monika\'s family. My thoughts and my prayers will be with them on Tuesday.

Giovanna

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
she just celebrated her 30th birthday... Oct 4, 2002

I did not know Monika, nor have I seen her profile before. Now I checked out her CV on her profile and I could see that she just celebrated her 30th birhtday, only 5 days before she passed away... And she was born exactly on the same day as my sister, which brings this tradegy closer to me.

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
My condolences to Monika's family Oct 4, 2002

I have never had any direct contact with her, but I have nevertheless enjoyed reading her messages and her interventions, which have demonstrated to everybody what a special person she was; it is sad to realize it when she is no more with us. As I have heard in an English church: do not cry because she is dead, but smile because she has lived. Hear death is a tragic loss and we can only hope that the participation of all her friends, with thoughts and prayers, might help her family to fill a lit... See more
I have never had any direct contact with her, but I have nevertheless enjoyed reading her messages and her interventions, which have demonstrated to everybody what a special person she was; it is sad to realize it when she is no more with us. As I have heard in an English church: do not cry because she is dead, but smile because she has lived. Hear death is a tragic loss and we can only hope that the participation of all her friends, with thoughts and prayers, might help her family to fill a little bit of the void she is leaving.

Gilda
Collapse

aes (X)
aes (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:35
Korean to English
+ ...
Condolences Oct 4, 2002

Very sad to know the death of Monika Martens - a young translator with many years to go.

My condolences for her husband and family.

May her soul rest in eternal peace.

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Monika Oct 4, 2002

My condolences to Monika\'s family

Davorka Grgic
Davorka Grgic
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Condolences Oct 4, 2002

Condolences to her family and to all that loved her.

Davorka

Circe
Circe
Spain
Italian to French
+ ...
Rest in peace Monika Oct 4, 2002

My condolences to Monika\'s family and friends

My prayers to Monika.

Begoña García

Spain

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
My condolences to Monika's family. Oct 4, 2002

Our Proz community will miss her too.

Patricia.

Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
Local time: 22:05
German to Portuguese
+ ...
My condolences to Monika´s family Oct 4, 2002

and may she rest in peace.

vesparosa (X)
vesparosa (X)
Italian to English
No words for this Oct 4, 2002

We deal in words as translators, but they seem so inadequate at times like these.

My heart goes out to Monica\'s husband, family and all who knew her.

Fiona

Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 09:05
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Farewell and RIP Monika Oct 4, 2002

It is with sadness and shock that I have learnt of the death of Monika Martens, who, at 30, was the same age as me (but three months younger).

I did not know Monika very well, but she did answer a few of my KudoZ questions (and I gave her points on at least one, possibly two occasions). She also agreed with some of my answers (in fact I don\'t remember a single \"disagree\" from her, though I am sure she would have disagreed in good spirit). I can also remember reading some
... See more
It is with sadness and shock that I have learnt of the death of Monika Martens, who, at 30, was the same age as me (but three months younger).

I did not know Monika very well, but she did answer a few of my KudoZ questions (and I gave her points on at least one, possibly two occasions). She also agreed with some of my answers (in fact I don\'t remember a single \"disagree\" from her, though I am sure she would have disagreed in good spirit). I can also remember reading some of her forum postings. She seemed like a friendly and outgoing person, and her death must be a tremendous loss for her husband and family.

It is a loss for ProZ as well, and for the whole translation community throughout the world. So I send my thoughts and prayers to Monika\'s husband and family at this time, and close with a \"translator\'s farewell\" (goodbye in several languages):

Goodbye, adieu, adiós, lebe wohl, farvel, arrivederci, e noho ra and ... mirupafshim. (I believe the latter is Albanian for goodbye, and Monika was Albanian. E noho ra is Maori, New Zealand\'s other official language. You can probably work the rest out.)

Mirupafshim, Monika. You will be missed. To Monika\'s husband and family, I give this Maori exhortation: kia kaha - be strong. And may God Bless and be with you during this very sad time.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL

(WriteWord Translations)
Collapse

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Condolences Oct 4, 2002

Please convey my condolences to Monika Marten\'s husband and loved ones. Theirs is a very tragic loss.

Like many others here, I did not know Monika and have only learned about her since her tragic death, but I would like to thank both ProZ and Monika Coulson for informing us and passing on our messages of sympathy. This may be a virtual community but there are very real people behind the profiles.

Lesley

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Monika's death came as very sad news to me too, Oct 4, 2002

and I would like to pass on my commiserations and condolences to the bereaved. May you find strength.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Our dear friend Monika Martens

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »