Thread poster: Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:33
English to German
+ ...
Oct 2, 2014

Wir haben eine kompetente, wortgewaltige, urteilssichere Kollegin verloren, die sich mit viel Courage engagiert und unermüdlich für unseren Berufsstand eingesetzt hat. Anfängern hat sie mit fundierten, praktischen Ratschlägen Mut gemacht. Unser Glossar hat sie mit ihren kreativen Vorschlägen unendlich bereichert. Und ihre sprachlich geschliffenen Beiträge waren immer lesenswert. Nicoles letzter Forumsbeitrag hier auf Proz.com endete mit den Worten:
„In all those 14 years since I f
... See more
Wir haben eine kompetente, wortgewaltige, urteilssichere Kollegin verloren, die sich mit viel Courage engagiert und unermüdlich für unseren Berufsstand eingesetzt hat. Anfängern hat sie mit fundierten, praktischen Ratschlägen Mut gemacht. Unser Glossar hat sie mit ihren kreativen Vorschlägen unendlich bereichert. Und ihre sprachlich geschliffenen Beiträge waren immer lesenswert. Nicoles letzter Forumsbeitrag hier auf Proz.com endete mit den Worten:
„In all those 14 years since I founded our company, nobody has ever dared to mess with us.”

Ich bin sehr traurig. Nicole, du wirst uns so fehlen.

johanna

[Edited at 2014-10-03 18:20 GMT]
Collapse

writeaway

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:33
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
A great lady Oct 2, 2014

Nicole was indeed a great lady in the translation industry. Her advice was always sound and thoughtful.

We shall miss you, Nicole. R. I. P.

With respect,
Thayenga

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 23:33
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Tell me it isn't true Oct 2, 2014

Probably the best ProZ contributor ever.

Hans. Sad.

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Dutch
+ ...
What an unpleasant surprise.. Oct 2, 2014

.. I never knew. I had great respect for Nicole as a colleage and human being. She will be dearly missed.

My sincere condolances to family and close friends.

BirgitBerlin
BirgitBerlin  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
RIP, Nicole. Oct 2, 2014

Herrje, was für eine traurige Nachricht.
Ihrer Familie und ihren engsten Freunden wünsche ich viel Kraft für die kommende Zeit.
Ich werde sie immer in guter Erinnerung behalten. Ich habe sie vor vielen Jahren bei einem Powwow in Berlin persönlich kennen gelernt.
Ein letzter Gruß

Birgit

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:33
English to German
+ ...
A brave woman Oct 2, 2014

I am very sad to hear of Nicole's passing. I had a chance to work with her on a project just a few months ago and know that she was battling her illness with incredible strength and she must have continued to work as long as she could. As many other colleagues here, I knew Nicole for many years through our discussions in and her valuable contributions to the forums and KudoZ. I shall miss her very much and my prayers are with her family and friends.

I find solace in my faith
t
... See more
I am very sad to hear of Nicole's passing. I had a chance to work with her on a project just a few months ago and know that she was battling her illness with incredible strength and she must have continued to work as long as she could. As many other colleagues here, I knew Nicole for many years through our discussions in and her valuable contributions to the forums and KudoZ. I shall miss her very much and my prayers are with her family and friends.

I find solace in my faith
that one day
we all will be forever

Bernhard
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:33
German to English
+ ...
So sorry to hear this Oct 3, 2014

RIP Nicole

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Sincere condolences Oct 3, 2014

We didn't always see eye to eye, and over the years we enjoyed many a respectful battle. Nicole was passionate. Her intentions were pure.
Very sad news. My sincere condolences to everyone close.
Cilian

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:33
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
So sorry to hear this Oct 3, 2014

My condolences to her family and friends. She was so very helpful to everyone here.

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
She'll stay in our hearts and minds Oct 3, 2014

Ein echter Schock, ihr Proz-Profilbild wird uns immer in Erinnerung bleiben.
Sie war eine der Koryphäen unsere Online-Community.

Mein herzliches Beieid ihrer Familie

Noe

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Sincere condolences Oct 3, 2014

Very sad. She will be missed.

Max Chernov
Max Chernov
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:33
Russian to German
+ ...
Wie? Nicole? Das kann doch nicht wahr sein! Oct 3, 2014

Sehr, sehr traurige Nachricht...RIP, nette Freundin, ich werde Dich vermissen...

aruna yallapragada
aruna yallapragada  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
German to English
+ ...
Shocked Oct 3, 2014

Even in this country far away, I am sad to read this.

I used to follow her posts and admired the way she wrote about things

Aruna

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
WHAT??? Oct 3, 2014

Oh my God. This is very sad news indeed! I valued Nicole as an extremely competent and intelligent person with very clear views about our profession. Her presence in these fora will be missed by all!

Rest in peace Nicole. A big hug from Spain, wherever you are!!

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:33
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Nicole's gone?? Oct 3, 2014

I can't believe this post about Nicole.

I enjoyed reading her posts, sometimes filled with sarcasm and cynicism. From Bernhard's post here, I found out she was ill. That's why I haven't seen her posts lately.

I will miss her very much, since she was a wonderful and a good lady, having pride in her work. A real translator hard to find these days.

R.I.P., Nicole and my condolences to her family.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

RIP Nicole Schnell

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »