Sweden
Local time: 07:39
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 5, 2004

A very sad dispatch:

In the night Friday-Saturday, our dear Platinum member Hans-Bertil Karlsson suddenly died in a heart attack. He was 57 years of age.
We are many who will miss him.
He was an able and experienced technical translator (eng>swe) with many fine views on his work and on our industry. With humour he depicted the imperfections of our profession and offered advice how to cope with the messy market of translation and localization.
Many will miss his he
... See more
A very sad dispatch:

In the night Friday-Saturday, our dear Platinum member Hans-Bertil Karlsson suddenly died in a heart attack. He was 57 years of age.
We are many who will miss him.
He was an able and experienced technical translator (eng>swe) with many fine views on his work and on our industry. With humour he depicted the imperfections of our profession and offered advice how to cope with the messy market of translation and localization.
Many will miss his helpfulness (leader of the eng>swe KudoZ list) and his friendly and humorous comments.
Han was a diligent forum and list participant, on this and other fora.

His decease is a great loss for us all, not least for his wife Marina http://www.proz.com/pro/15852, with whom he founded and lead the Karlsson Media AB (Ltd) in Kalmar, Sweden.

The funeral takes place at the Heliga Korsets kyrka on Oct 15, 10 a.m. in Kalmar.

If you want to honour his memory you can send:
Flowers to Heliga Korsets kyrka in Kalmar,
Telegram to Bergs Begravningsbyrå, Ölandsgatan 5, 392 31 Kalmar
eMail to [email protected]

Best regards

Mats J C Wiman
Träsk 201
SE-872 97 Skog
Schweden/Sweden/Suède/Suecia
Tel:+46-612-54112 Fax:+46-612-54181 Mobile:+46-70-5769797
Collapse

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Please accept my condoleances Oct 5, 2004

och jag vill framföra mina varmaste kondoleanser till Marina och alla efterlevande.

asil
asil
Local time: 03:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Wholehearted condolences Oct 6, 2004

Althoung I did not meet Han in person, I'm sorry to read your news. Based on your description of his personality, no doubt the Swedish forum will miss him. People like him area always valuable and make the world a better place to live in.
I'll say a prayer for him.

Sergio

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
- Oct 6, 2004

My condolences to his family

Katarina Bovin
Katarina Bovin
English to Swedish
Vila i frid Oct 6, 2004

Det gör ont att höra att en toppenkille har lämnat oss. Hans och jag har hjälp varandra under många år och jag såg alltid fram emot hans e-brev som var fyllda med humor. Han spred glädje. Tillsammans med danska, finska, norska översättare bildade vi the Scandinavian Translation Team och alla medlemmar där framför också kondoleans.

Katarina Bovin

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:39
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
So sad to hear this... Oct 6, 2004

My sincere condolences to his loved ones. It is always sad to hear such news, especially when this happens unexpectedly... I hope his family will find comfort and strength at this difficult time.

PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Sincere condolences Oct 6, 2004

I didn't know Hans-Bertil Karlsson, but I would like to extend my sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

Armando Pattroni
Armando Pattroni  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
I just found out Nov 4, 2004

Hans was freelancing to my Agency since 2000, he was a nice person, hard worker and excellent translator. I just called today to his phone because I did not receive confirmation about something. His wife answered and it was a total surprise for me, he had passed away on Oct 2nd. I am very sad for my good friend and his family, hope we can find translators like him everywhere, we will miss him.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Our dear member Hans-Bertil Karlsson has suddenly left us

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »