Maurizio Valente
Thread poster: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:08
Italian to English
Aug 3, 2012

In the Italian forum, Giuseppina Gatta has reported the sad and unexpected death of her great friend Maurizio Valente http://www.proz.com/profile/12236.

He was one of the earliest Users of the site, having registered in 2000 and had been a Member for the past 10 years.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at the Oxford Conference in 2004 and virtually before and since i
... See more
In the Italian forum, Giuseppina Gatta has reported the sad and unexpected death of her great friend Maurizio Valente http://www.proz.com/profile/12236.

He was one of the earliest Users of the site, having registered in 2000 and had been a Member for the past 10 years.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at the Oxford Conference in 2004 and virtually before and since in the KudoZ area and the forums.

He brought a wealth of experience to his career as translator, in which he undoubtedly made his mark and was one of the most respected contributors in Italian to English KudoZ.

His experience, his intellect, his personality and his humanity will all be sadly missed.
Collapse

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank You Aug 3, 2012

Thank you Russell for your contribution about Maurizio.
I am at a loss for words in any languages and today I can only be quiet and remember him.
He was a very humble person, a great professional and a wonderful friend, always ready to lend a hand, at any time, always ready to listen. My family and I will sorely miss him.

Sonia Hill
Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:08
Italian to English
Very sad news Aug 6, 2012

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I have often read his contributions to the forums over the years and he will be missed. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Please create a new account and re-post this from that account if you wish.
John Robinson
John Robinson
United States
Local time: 11:08
Rest in peace Aug 7, 2012

I've worked with Maurizio for several years, and just today heard the news from his son Andrea.

A great translator and a great man. Very sad indeed. He will be sorely missed!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Maurizio Valente

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »