Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:33
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
RIP, dear Herman Apr 1, 2010

Our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Lisa and Klaus

danilingua
danilingua  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
:-(( Apr 2, 2010

I met him for the first time really in Düseldorf last year - we sat next to each other.
Sad.....

All the best to his family..... words cannot express the sadness....

Daniela

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:33
English to German
+ ...
*** Apr 2, 2010

Such sad news! I met Herman on several powwows in Dűsseldorf and also in Berlin and very much appreciated his quirky wit and kind spirit. May his loved ones take comfort in the thought that so many of his colleagues all over the world will forever remember his thoughtful comments, his linguistic aptitude and the stories and laughter he shared with us. And although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things that will help push away the pain and bring smiles back a... See more
Such sad news! I met Herman on several powwows in Dűsseldorf and also in Berlin and very much appreciated his quirky wit and kind spirit. May his loved ones take comfort in the thought that so many of his colleagues all over the world will forever remember his thoughtful comments, his linguistic aptitude and the stories and laughter he shared with us. And although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things that will help push away the pain and bring smiles back again.

With love,
johanna
Collapse

Gabi François
Gabi François  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Powwows without Herman won't be the same ... Apr 5, 2010

I met him at several Powwows in Düsseldorf and Berlin. I will miss him so much - his kindness, his generosity to share his wide knowledge, and especially his uncomparable sense of humour.

Hope you are okay, Herman, whereever you are now ...

My heartfelt sympathy to his family.

Gabi

vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
Rest in peace Herman Apr 21, 2010

It's hard to believe that Herman is no longer with us, and my heart goes out to his family.

Herman and I first met at the regional conference in Edinburgh in 2006, even though we happened to be living in the same town in the Netherlands. We were bound to meet at some point, since Herman participated in almost every powwow and conference.

I will always remember him for his professionalism, his wide knowledge and his characteristic sense of humour.

Rust zacht
... See more
It's hard to believe that Herman is no longer with us, and my heart goes out to his family.

Herman and I first met at the regional conference in Edinburgh in 2006, even though we happened to be living in the same town in the Netherlands. We were bound to meet at some point, since Herman participated in almost every powwow and conference.

I will always remember him for his professionalism, his wide knowledge and his characteristic sense of humour.

Rust zacht!

Marianne & Ad
Collapse

Albert Stufkens
Albert Stufkens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Unbelievable Apr 30, 2010

By pure chance I came across this announcement.
I met Herman at a powwow in Eindhoven for the first time. There I had a good and long after dinner chat with him. I also met him at a few other powwows but did not get the chance to deepen our acquaintance.
May he be received in heavenly circumstances.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:33
English to German
+ ...
Herman was cool May 7, 2010

I was surprised to see that he liked the Berlin Pfefferbank disco:

At another, less noisy place we delved so deeply into a discussion that he started to talk Dutch to me.

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
RIP May 7, 2010

Rest in peace, Herman...

I met him at various Proz.com conferences and his presence greatly contributed to social networking and fun...

Csaba

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:33
English to German
RIP, Herman May 7, 2010

I only found out today and am very saddened by these news. My condolences to his family and friends.

I still remember him at the pub quiz a small group of us went to on the Sunday after the Edinburgh conference in November 2006. He was irreverent in his comments and fiercely passionate about his work as a freelance translator.

Katja Schoone
Katja Schoone  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
My deepest sympathy to his family May 10, 2010

I was really shocked when I heard of avantix death a couple of minutes ago.

I enjoyed his company at several Powwos in Berlin and was immediately attracted by his sharp mind and his wits.

I will really miss him, he was definitely one of the "must be's" at a Powwow.

I hope that while shock and grief is fading, the memory will remain strong.

All the best to his beloved ones.

Hans G. Liepert
Hans G. Liepert  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Rust in vrede, Herman May 17, 2010

I've heard the sad news only recently on the Berlin powwow.
I remember our last talks at the Amersfoort conference and, yes, we talked about our health.

It is very sad and my thoughts are with his family.

Hans

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

RIP Herman de Kruyff (avantix)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »