Ron Armon  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:50
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Sep 9, 2007

בתחרות התרגום (הרביעית) של פרו-ז תשתתף לראשונה גם השפה העברית
(תרגום מאנגלית לעברית)

Doron and Juliana - you've sure picked the hat as you've threatened to do, and there are two more members who have followed your footsteps...

Thanks to you (us) Hebrew has proudly entered the ProZ.com (4th) translation contest for the first time ever, with 5 entries!

המשימה �
... See more
בתחרות התרגום (הרביעית) של פרו-ז תשתתף לראשונה גם השפה העברית
(תרגום מאנגלית לעברית)

Doron and Juliana - you've sure picked the hat as you've threatened to do, and there are two more members who have followed your footsteps...

Thanks to you (us) Hebrew has proudly entered the ProZ.com (4th) translation contest for the first time ever, with 5 entries!

המשימה הבאה - להכניס גם טקסט בעברית כמקור לתחרות התרגום הבאה.

As Juliana has offered I also think our next goal should be to enter a source text in Hebrew to the 5th contest.
To accomplish that - all we have to do is sign the petition for Hebrew on "next contest" tab.
Please take the time to do that.

Doron - I think you are the best candidate to do the honors and act as the moderator for next contest's Hebrew source. (If you'd like to volunteer)
Collapse

Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:50
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ay ay ay Sep 10, 2007

I can not tell a lie so close to יום כיפור!
עוד לא שלחתי את שלי!
It's almost done, but my daughter, סהר, turned 3 this weekend, והייתי מוצפת בין זה לחגים...

אשלח את זה בזמן אני מקווה
ורציתי בהזדמנות לאחל לכלם שנת אושר עושר ובריאות

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Some reminders helped... Sep 15, 2007

I have to admit I sent some prompts to listed Eng-Heb Prozers to get them into the spirit...
But it worked, so it was all for a good cause.

As for Hebrew as source text, I'm not sure. We're way behind the other main languages as far as participation goes.

Let's first get this forum as active as the other language forums (any ideas on how?) and then we'll see.

Juliana, Mazal Tov to you and Sahar! [btw, I know of another Sahar (little boy) who's the son
... See more
I have to admit I sent some prompts to listed Eng-Heb Prozers to get them into the spirit...

As for Hebrew as source text, I'm not sure. We're way behind the other main languages as far as participation goes.

Let's first get this forum as active as the other language forums (any ideas on how?) and then we'll see.

Juliana, Mazal Tov to you and Sahar! [btw, I know of another Sahar (little boy) who's the son of a translator colleague. I think some research into this is due...]

חג שמח!

Doron

[Edited at 2007-09-15 08:05]
Collapse

Ron Armon
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I believe you were the sixth, were you not? Sep 15, 2007

כל הכבוד!

הבנתי שדורון עזר ודחף...

בכל אופן - בשבוע הבא, באופן הולם לימים הנוראים,
נתחיל לשפוט את התרגומים שבתחרות לשבט או לחסד

(האיור, למען הסר ספק, בא להראות שאני לא באמת לוקח את העניין הזה בכובד ראש גדול מדי...)
... See more
כל הכבוד!

הבנתי שדורון עזר ודחף...

בכל אופן - בשבוע הבא, באופן הולם לימים הנוראים,
נתחיל לשפוט את התרגומים שבתחרות לשבט או לחסד

(האיור, למען הסר ספק, בא להראות שאני לא באמת לוקח את העניין הזה בכובד ראש גדול מדי...)

אגב, עד למועד השיפוט ניתן להוסיף עוד תרגומים לתחרות, אז אם יש לך השפעה על מישהו...

מז"ט על סהר הדי-טרייה. ראשונה?

לי עצמי יש שתיים, נעם ודר, גדולות הרבה יותר
(שמונה ועשר - שנים כמובן).

Juliana Starkman wrote:

I can not tell a lie so close to יום כיפור!
עוד לא שלחתי את שלי!
It's almost done, but my daughter, סהר, turned 3 this weekend, והייתי מוצפת בין זה לחגים...

אשלח את זה בזמן אני מקווה
ורציתי בהזדמנות לאחל לכלם שנת אושר עושר ובריאות

Collapse

Ron Armon
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought it was a bit quick and massive... Sep 15, 2007

Good thing you pushed hard enough to make some of us pull through.
You have done well, with six entries!

While we're at it, pushing & pulling...
The contest in Hebrew is still open for new entries.

As to the forum -

I don't really know.
I'm not a very "Forumish" person myself, and as a far-fetched observation - I am guessing that translators are usually individualists who tend to keep to themselves.

אחד הדברים שי
... See more
Good thing you pushed hard enough to make some of us pull through.
You have done well, with six entries!

While we're at it, pushing & pulling...
The contest in Hebrew is still open for new entries.

As to the forum -

I don't really know.
I'm not a very "Forumish" person myself, and as a far-fetched observation - I am guessing that translators are usually individualists who tend to keep to themselves.

אחד הדברים שיעזור אולי הוא להשתמש יותר בעברית - כך הפורום יהיה יותר ייחודי לנו.

רעיון נוסף - אולי כדאי לקחת את הרעיון שעובד די טוב בסקרי פרו-ז
ובתגובות על קודו-ז
ולשכנע את פרנסי האתר להעניק בראוני אחת לכל הודעה בפורום.
(זה עשוי לדחוף מתרגמים שאינם חברים ונדרשים לבראוניז להשתמש בפורום)

Doron Greenspan MITI wrote:

Juliana, Mazal Tov to you and Sahar! [btw, I know of another Sahar (little boy) who's the son of a translator colleague. I think some research into this is due...]

חג שמח!

Doron

[Edited at 2007-09-15 08:05]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Congartulations to all Hebrew linguists !! ברכות לכולנו אבירי העברית

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »