Thread poster: Luna Jungblut
Luna Jungblut
Luna Jungblut  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Dec 12, 2016

Hello fellow interpreters,

This is an issue I have been trying to tackle for quite a bit of time... Maybe some of you are in the same situation and can help?
I am registered as sole trader and normally resident in the UK. I am a translator and conference interpreter from English and Spanish into French.
With my job, I tend to be based in France, in the UK as well as in Spain for longish periods of time (two weeks to three months, for example...).

I have a Eu
... See more
Hello fellow interpreters,

This is an issue I have been trying to tackle for quite a bit of time... Maybe some of you are in the same situation and can help?
I am registered as sole trader and normally resident in the UK. I am a translator and conference interpreter from English and Spanish into French.
With my job, I tend to be based in France, in the UK as well as in Spain for longish periods of time (two weeks to three months, for example...).

I have a European Health Insurance Card to cover emergency treatment in Europe should I need it... However, I would be interested in getting a more specific insurance for self-employed nomads like me... There is so much information that I am unsure how to tell the good stuff from the bad stuff.

Do you have a health insurance, or a travel insurance to cover your own health and/or your business?

I would love any insight you might have,

Thank you kindly,
Luna Translations & Interpreting.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Health / Travel insurance for self-employed me

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »